Vibration in Drivetrain

Noticed the chain was vibrating when using my bike on the trainer. Switched out the chain for a new one and it greatly decreased the vibration. But there is still a slight sensation of vibration on my downstroke.

First season using a direct drive trainer. Are the chainring and cassette still in acceptable condition? Is this slight vibration normal?

Chainring and Casette

What gearing are you using?

I get a lot of vibration if I am on the big chainring and small cogs on the back.

Day and night compared to small ring in front and 4th gear on the back.

1 Like

Vibration in Drivetrain

That was the name of my cover band in college…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I generally use the small ring and middle of the cassette. In which case it’s only a very slight vibration. But yes, I’ve noticed in the big ring and smaller cogs it definitely increases. Just wanted to see if it’s a normal occurrence

I get a rumbly/vibration in my smallest rear cog. The rest are fine.

1 Like

I have noticed this as well and have wondered what’s going on there. Anyone know? Seems like there had to be some efficiency loss there. But supposedly big ring is more efficient? I’m too dumb for this sport.

2 Likes

OP, did you adjust the limits on the rear mech when you changed took off your rear wheel and popped the bike on the direct drive trainer? That might be your issue

1 Like

No I didn’t. Shifting still smooth across all ranges. I checked for rubbing on the FD when cross chained and didn’t see any.