Up FTP or Increase Progression Levels

I am sure that this has been covered, but I can’t seem to find it.
I just finished SSBLV1 and received a four point bump in my FTP. My progression level for both my Sweet Spot and Threshold are right around 4.0.
My question is: Would I be better off leaving my FTP where it is and doing the longer intervals and increasing my PL’s or should I go ahead and accept the FTP increase which will likely lower my PL’s, therefor shortening my intervals?
It just seems like since I started using Adaptive Training, which I love, I haven’t really been able to get to the longer intervals.
I am not training for anything in particular, I would really just like to grow my FTP.
Thanks in advance for the comments.

1 Like

I’d just let AI FTP do its thing whenever scheduled. Over time, especially if you do alternate workouts to do a higher workout level when you feel good, or reduce the workout level when you are tired, the levels will be where they need to be to get the best progression for you. If your FTP only goes up 0.5% your levels probably won’t drop that much and you’ll keep plugging at harder and harder workouts to get the bigger stimulus.

1 Like