UK users looking for a Lasko fan, check this out... Thanks to Hugo1!

I have one of these that I’m not making enough use to to justify - PM me if anyone would like it, just looking to recover what I originally paid.

2 Likes

Are you in the UK or Europe?..if UK can you reply or PM because as new user I’ve got limited functionality at the moment.

I’m interested, mito (or anyone else who happens to have a spare knocking around)!!
It appears still no UK stock and I am overheating badly in my quest to set a new personal sweetspot record…

Yeah, I’m waiting for one too…in the meantime as I can’t wait any longer I had this one delivered today. It feels good and the output has quite a wide field…I’m not able to make a comparison to the VacMaster but it supposedly has a higher airflow value per minute. I don’t want to hijack this thread either and will be looking at the VacMaster as soon as it becomes available.

4 Likes

Anyone found a good fan or this VacMaster fan anywhere in Australia?? :slight_smile:

Been using the vacmaster for a couple months.

I was skeptical at first but its hands down one of the best cycling related purchases I’ve ever made.

The wife likes it too as it is a million times tidier than the big fook-off fan I used to have cluttering up our office/pain cave.

4 Likes

I think that alone is enough to convince me the extra expense is worthwhile.

I’m in the same situation as you. How’s the XPower working for you? I’m starting to boil on my TrainerRoad sessions and desperately need a new fan

1 Like

It’s working great, pushes a lot of air. I sweat buckets and this is better than any ‘normal’ fan I’ve used.

1 Like

Another one fed up of waiting here.

What’s the construction like? It looks a bit like it would feel cheap (I know it doesn’t really matter, but I’m a bit funny about spending money at the best of times lol.

It’s obviously plastic but it’s solid.

It doesn’t feel cheap and nasty if that’s what you’re wondering. I’d say ‘rugged’ is the best description.

2 Likes

The construction feels really sturdy imho. I was surprised when I initially got it just how light it is, but the design is great, it doesn’t need a huge motor or anything.

1 Like

Just put myself down for an email notification of when they’re back in stock. Definitely time for a fan upgrade.

1 Like

Slight tangent but I sometimes find the vacmaster a little too “much” early on the workout when warming up (especially in the cooler months when it’s like an arctic blast).

Picked up a TP-LINK Tapo Smart Plug from Amazon for about £10 which seems to work great as a way to turn it on and off without having to get off the bike (although can’t control speed sadly so you need to preset that).

Nice feature is that you can set a timer in the app for it to come on and off (either at a certain time of in a certain number of minutes), which I think I may give a go on my next ramp test next week!

Found this on Amazon UK, the Vacmaster is out of stock so wanted something to supplement my Wahoo headwind, it came today, very impressed so far.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B082YTC23Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

*edit I see I’ve been beaten to this one, great fan all the same.

1 Like

You rate the plug then? @Sky I’ve been searching for one which doesn’t mention “spontaneously combusted” in its review.

Well it seems to do the good job to me @ValeCyclist - have had it about a month and no combustion so far :firecracker:!

Got it set up pretty easily - I run both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz devices off my router and had no issues connecting it (it’s 2.4).

Whilst you can control it from the app (and also link up with Alexa, etc.) it’s got a physical button on it as well to turn whatever is plugged into it on/off.

Was a bit hesitant given some of the reviews generally for these things so initially opted to just get 1, but will likely pick up a couple more for other bits around the house!

Great thanks for that. I went with the fact that they are a reputable company, my powerline adapters are made by them, so already ordered one. I had recent issues with my adapters and their customer service was very good. Actually, to clarify, there was no issue with the adapter it was a rogue laptop charging cable knocking out the signal.

I had to return mine straight away because the plastic case had various stress marks and was cracked near one of the screws holding the engine. It looked like the screw had been overtightened. Still need to decide if I want to try my luck again…

1 Like

Mine arrived yesterday. Mine looks to be OK so you could be good with a like-for-like replcaement.

It did make a big difference in yesterday’s Zwift session (I’m normally working out in a puddle of sweat and not a drop hit the ground), but I’ve got to say it’s not moving quite as much air as I expected from people’s description of these things.

Maybe I just set my expectations too high! Expected to feel like I was in a wind tunnel xD