TSS Estimate for events > 16 hours are off

Duration is one part, but what have you selected for the Intensity?

The intensity doesn’t seem to matter. If I increase the hours the TSS will increase until 16:00, then stay the same at 17:00, then start decreasing after 17:00.

Doesn’t matter which intensity I choose, the pattern remains, though the numbers are different:

• Sure does for me:

• vs

There is a real difference between 1-10. To my point, I see that you have 10 as the Intensity. I understand this is a “race”, but I think a 16 hour effort will be more along the lines of a 3-5, not 10.

I have seen these questions before, and think the labeling of these Intensity options is misleading. I prefer to think of it more like an RPE (Rate of Perceived Exertion) scale. If you do that, and consider the effort you are likely to apply in any relative duration, I think the TSS will be more realistic.

Based upon that, here is what I get for a 4 at 16 hours.

Does that more appropriately align with any past efforts you may have had at a similar duration?

OK, I see now that there is an odd instance with the 18 hour specifically dropping, and 16/17 match.

This is worth emailing support@trainerroad.com for them to review.

It doesn’t matter relative to the software bug. I’m demonstrating the bug.

After 17:00h it will decrease and even get into the negatives at 34h.

Try increasing the duration to 17:00, then 18:00. See what happens to the TSS score.

2 Likes

Yeah, I see it now. As above, this is best submitted directly to support.

1 Like