Trek-Segafredo rider shoots and kills innocent cat

What a scumbag and weak team and brand.

5 Likes

Trek as a team seem to have limited ethics and morals.

Even if they don’t think it justifies a contract termination if I was on the team I would really struggle to work with him. Even if you didn’t think it would kill the cat it would at the very least hurt and why would I need to hurt it?

7 Likes

I’m shocked that the previous sponsors of Lance Armstrong may have questionable ethics and morals

19 Likes

I love cats and believe he’s a dumb cruel jerk but he got his punishment and he should not be ruined for this one thing

4 Likes

I assume everyone publicly condemning this man are vegan? :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Been holding off posting something along these lines, couldn’t decide between this thread or ’ What are your unpopular cycling opinions?:crazy_face:

1 Like

Don’t forget Quinn Simmons

4 Likes

Happily omnivorous. If he killed it for food, we’d be having a different conversation. And it’d probably be even more entertaining.

6 Likes

Would we? Why?

I am making the assumption that, like most of the people with an opinion on the event, he has the wherewithal to choose what he consumes.

Unconscionable amounts of animal products intended for human food are thrown away each day, but that’s OK - as long as its not little Mittens from next door - SHES TOO FLUFFY!!

2 Likes

Well, I walked right into that one and you’ve convinced me. Household pets are on the menu!

7 Likes

So is your issue waste or eating meat? You are now making two different arguments.

And it isn’t like there also isn’t a crapton of plant-based food getting wasted everyday as well.

2 Likes

Haha I appreciate the humour!

But in the interests of straightforward candour, it does interest me how ‘we’ differentiate between what is considered ‘food’, ‘pet’, and ‘pest’ and society reacts accordingly.

@Power13 - I’m not taking issue with anything, I merely get bemused with the societal reaction to a single dead cat when tonnes of animals are not only killed, but killed and then thrown away on a daily basis…

4 Likes

Your posts suggest otherwise….

4 Likes

No - observational comments.

Cognitive dissonance is a mental conflict, that occurs when your beliefs don’t marry with your actions.

e.g.

Belief: Killing animals is bad.
Action: I eat animals.

5 Likes

This may not be a popular view, but the part of suburban US where I live it seems okay to let your cats run loose to do whatever cat things they’d like once they’re out of your sight and away from home. I don’t really care what your cat does at your house, but if I wanted a cat hanging out at my house or in my yard, I’d have a cat. It’s a cruel world out there. One thing I’m pretty sure about is that if you keep your cats at home, they’ll be a lot less likely to come to harm from environmental factors like cars, coyotes, or professional cyclists.

7 Likes

Not certain why you are replying directly to me, but……

So that means it is OK to kill them? Seriously?

WTH?!?!?

3 Likes

Not a popular view - but an accurate one.

Free range domestic cats kill billions of birds and mammals every year…

Cat eat birdy - nevermind, cats will be cats!!
Coyote eat catty - no good!! Pitchforks.

Can we merge with an FTP thread or unpopular opinions?!

:slight_smile: :popcorn:

7 Likes

The guy is a psychopath. Cant imagine how anyone would want to work with him.

2 Likes

They do not employ him for his morals, they pay him for his legs and cardiovascular system, and genetics.

3 Likes

No, they pay him to represent their brands and companies. He is a reflection of them as a result.

4 Likes