Training plan & group rides

I’ve heard a lot of good things about tr, just curious how users create or follow a training plan and incorporate it into group riding? I would like to do 2 group rides a week, 1.5 to 2 hours and sometimes they are hard, some easy, some long efforts, some explosive efforts etc…
My takeaway from what I have been hearing is that structure and consistency are paramount. So if you have 2 or 3 or 4?? Workouts outside of group rides, will the group ride efforts mess up your program? Do you just sit at the back when the group rides get fun? Do you after a group ride evaluate the ride and adjust your next workout accordingly?
I don’t have a specific goal, just general improvement in ftp and probably more importantly shorter efforts
Thanks!

Ride the group ride. If you have specific intervals that day do them before or after but, enjoy the group ride. They are good for the soul.

The only thing to keep in mind from my perspective is a group ride can be hard enough that it may prevent you from being able to fully complete the tr workouts later down the line. So keep in mind some extra recovery might be necessary or skip a tr workout etc…if you can tolerate the extra TSS or manage it well enough to complete the tr workouts then that’s a bonus.