TrainerRoad users' bikes

It looks like a well loved machine… and that’s what this thread is really about…

4 Likes

New wheels day :heart_eyes:

28 Likes

That thing is fast standing still. Very nice.

Now those are some deep wheels. Are those 80 mm?

1 Like

I do not know why Specialized insists on making the sidewalls of some of their tanwall tires the color of hot dog mustard, but it certainly is distinctive. :joy:

4 Likes

100m. Aeox Titans from Aero Coach.

2 Likes

Orbea Orca Aero, vision 5D handlebars, Ultegra mechanical, FSA P2M alloy powermeter, Bontrager Aeolus 50mm wheels.
Love this bike

20 Likes

Pinarello F10 , Campa Chorus , 4iiii Precision 105 Crankset. Can’t stop riding it.

21 Likes

Nice colour too :ok_hand:t2:

Took my Marin out for a quick half-time smash. :soccer::england: Super pleased with how it’s come together.

Basically standard Marin Palisades Trail, from mid to late 1990s, cleaned up and serviced, new pads, new cables and shifters (old ones broken), my old SpD-SL pedals off my road bike, old road bike saddle and a set of new 50mm gravel tyres and tubes.

Love it :blush:

16 Likes

On an RB? What the hell :joy:. Definitely looking crazy. You primarily riding TT or why not the Zephyr ?

1 Like

Here is my bog standard Giant TCR Advance Pro 0.
Top end might not be as fast as my Aeroad was but I think it’s a much better all round bike. I’m only 3 months in but we are building a special relationship.

17 Likes

I was debating whether to get the titans wheels or zephyres but knowing myself i‘d regret not going all out and questioning the decision later on :rofl:
Being a heavier rider i mostly ride on the flat and i did some testing with my trispoke on the road bike to see whether stability could be an issue.
I have ridden them 3 times now and haven‘t even felt a gust of wind and i could always gp back to the clx64s for alpine decents.

And the speed increase over a 60mm wheel is enermous and can be felt at all times :grin:

2 Likes

Met up with a friend and his new Madone

21 Likes

What brand is that bike on the right? I can’t quite make it out.

23 Likes

I know it’s a meme by now, but I love the huge down tube logo. There are paint jobs with a smaller one and they look stupid to me :man_shrugging:t2:.
What I don’t like is the Force AXS level bike costing €10,000 and the Red AXS level bike being more than 8kg.

8 Likes

Yea I don’t mind the big logo myself, but now that the new Emonda is out for a while I think I vastly prefer that bike overall from a functional and aesthetic standpoint, and think the big logo looks better because it still takes up the whole downtube, but the downtube is smaller too. The Emonda makes the Madone look very bulky/heavy IMO. The Emonda also has the more compliant, lighter, and better looking integrated bar IMO, which I actually noticed on the Madones in TdF as well presumably to help get weight down.

Logo wise, I’m not a fan of the TREK logo on the fork on either model, though that’s specific to a few colorways. Price is pretty crazy too, and I think its gone up again for 2022. Guess I’ll be keeping my old slow non aero non disc brake Emonda a while longer.

Madone and Domane SLR retail prices are crazy. Love this Emonda and stealth downtube logo:

Tried to get that last week but LBS said it was a 6 month wait.

3 Likes

For someone with a dated bike maybe it’s worth it for the newer stuff like a higher tech aero frame, electronics, and integration, but I already have a compliant (non aero) carbon frame, Di2, good wheels and some integration, so when I think about selling my bike for ~$3000 and then spending $8-9k to maybe gain .5mph, all I can see is Donald Trump yelling at me “this is the worst deal in the history of deals”

4 Likes

I was pleasantly surprised to get almost 2400 for my 2015 gen1 Domane (Pro’s Closet). That is 60% of what I originally paid :metal:

2 Likes