TrainerRoad users' bikes

How do you like the 1x drivetrain? I’ve been thinking about going to that on my next bike. I live in an area that doesn’t have any big climbs, mostly just rolling terrain.

@Mich_ML9 1x seems to come down to rider preference. There’s a lot of numbers out there that can ‘prove’ that you get the same range, etc. I just like the simplicity of the system and admire that there’s 1 less point of failure. FWIW I’m doing a century over the weekend with about 11,000ft of climbing, so I’m not worried about the gear range!

How come I see everybody having SL7’s while in my country (Netherlands), they are unavailable till at least MARCH - MAY 2021 in all sizes?

@iLLucionist Sorry to hear. :frowning: Sounds like severe supply chain issues + lots of extra demand from the SL6 being sold out for so long. I ordered mine a few days before the release with my shop, and was lucky that they already had the specific model on order from Specialized.

@elliotg898 some info on the 2021’s. Overall, Scott scaled back on the models. As far as gravel they have the Addict Gravel 10 and 20 and the Speedster 10, 20, 30 and 40. The Addict Gravel 10 does not have integrated cockpit or one piece. It comes with Force eTap AXS DUB with a 46/33 up front and the standard 10-33 cassette. No integrated PM.

Addict RC lineup has the Ultimate with Red eTap AXS with power meter; Addict RC Pro with DA Di2 no PM; Addict RC 10 with Force eTap AXS with power; Addict RC 15 with Ultegra Di2 no power; RC 20 with Force eTap AXS no power; RC 30 with Ultegra mechanical no power.

Foil line up all integrated for 2021: Pro with DA Di2 no power; 10 with Force AXS no power; 20 with Ultegra Di2 and the 30 with Ultegra mechanical.

Just put 2&2 together…thx for the kits earlier this year! Much appreciated.

What made you decide to go with the Scott? Looks nice but I don’t see too many in the wild.

@Matt2380 thinking about it four things: 1) The ride and performance is equal to any other top shelf bike (my opinion)… 2) the shop I’m buying it from I trust and like. 3) For what I get (Quarq, carbon hoops, amazing gearing etc…) the price is relatively cheap. 4) the last Scott I rode was a 2016 Foil 10 and probably the best all around kick ass bike I’ve pushed. The one characteristic that you wouldn’t equate with an aero bike is comfort. But, this thing was amazing. The front end was tight and the back end was really comfortable… Not sure what they did different on that one? I guess i’m hoping for something similar now.

What I don’t like about buying a 2021 Scott is I have no way to pick crank size, bar size, stem length, saddle type, tires, etc…they really need to make this something buyers can piece together.

I’ve ridden Colnago, DeRosa, Factor, Scott, Specialized, Ritchey and Bianchi bikes. They have all been amazing. The only thing holding me back is me. The bike was never the link in the chain that failed.

1 Like

@Matt2380 this will be my fourth Scott bike. CR1, Addict 1st gen, Foil 2nd gen and now Addcit RC.

haha, well now I put it together! Are you getting that new Foil then?

Where are you getting all this info on the 2021 Foil from?

I went with the Addict RC 10. Long time eTap and Quarq user so those boxes were important to get checked. If they offered that option on a Foil I would have done the Foil.

2 Likes

The '21 digital catalog.

x

26 Likes

Out of curiosity, why are you switching to an alu bike after riding such beauties?

Can you link to this please?

Wow. I would GLADLY take that Bianchi off your hands. What a beautiful bike.

1 Like

I’ve seen pics of this bike on Instagram, it is sweet, love the color.

1 Like

I looked at it at the LBS. I don’t have a pdf or link to share.

I’m working on an experimental build based around 165mm cranks, and I wanted to do it on a frame that captured the spirit of short cranks so I would not have to alter the fit on my existing builds.

1 Like

Thanks!

I remember when my LBS frowned upon my choice of 170’s when I replaced the stock cranks on my Cannondale. I wish I had chosen 165 but was wary of the difference. In hindsight it seems stupid stressing over another 5mm, and they’re often a cheaper option!
I was suffering a lot of knee pain at the time, it’s only since I started using TR that I realised I was tucking my knees in. Thanks Chad :grin:

Hope they work out for you.

1 Like

This is my 2020 rocky mountain slayer! Lyrik and deluxe coil xt brakes and drive train. Run like a train and climbs so much better than I thought!

9 Likes

Turns out the that was a bit too much seat post and flexed a lot. It made me nervous. So I sold it lol. Meet the replacement

2017 Scott Spark 700 Plus Tuned

My first real mountain bike. I am super excited to get on this bad boy!

New gravel bike to come in the next month or so. I am in love with this bike though!

8 Likes