TrainerRoad users' bikes

Just thought I’d share my new road bike. I’m slightly obsessed! Just received my 2020 Orbea Orca omx m20iteam-d. I also opted for the fsa power2max power crank. I’ve only had a couple rides So far, but it is night and day different then my old carbon bike. It is so stiff and efficient. I also opted to do the “my o” program, It was certainly worth the wait.

Last night I put the orca on my Tacx neo 2t to compare power and there was about a 1 watt Difference. Sure the numbers jumped around a bit but once I steadied my cadence, the numbers were right on. Looks like I’m good to go on outdoor workouts.

I am beyond excited to get started with outdoor workouts. Tomorrow I will ramp test and reset my plan. I’m hoping to get two rounds of base/build and then a round of specialty mtb marathon before my A race (whiteface 100k) in June of 2021. I’ll see what plan builder comes up with tonight.

I’ve been stuck in specialty and kind of ,whatever, since July of this year. So, I’m really looking forward to hitting the reset and getting back to structure and making some gains. I’ve been struggling to find motivation lately and haven’t really “enjoyed” being on the bike. Took some time off this past week and got the new bike, so that certainly helped re-stoke the fire.

22 Likes

I love fresh Bike Pjorn in the morning.

Great looking bike!!

1 Like

Good luck with the outdoor rides… i found the vo2max and threshold intervals became much much easier to complete, sometimes even 10watts above target for similar effort level… makes me dread having to do threshold intervals inside tomorrow because of the weather

1 Like

Nice ride. A couple friends ride the 2020’s and give them high marks.

1 Like

I’m hearing the same thing from a friend of mine. Can’t wait. I just hope I can find a way to do the longer intervals outside as well. Here in Pa it isn’t flat, but there also aren’t a lot of long climbs. So I think it will be tough to find the right course for the longer intervals.

post deleted, post deleted

Looks like you’ve got the Addict Gravel set up for road riding there. How have you liked that? I’ve been thinking about getting an Addict Gravel as a “do-everything bike” for everything from weeknight crits and fast group rides to gravel events and CX.

Retired after 15k miles. My only bike I use has 25k and plan to do 50k on it before buying new one.

Thank you for the kind words. The tire width is 38c, Rene Herse Barlow Pass.

1 Like

It is my do everything bike, I just swap out wheel sets. I like it, it is a fairly aggressive gravel bike, so you don’t lose much doing something like a crit. I would say go for it.

1 Like

Whoa! :ok_hand:

1 Like

My first “proper” bike. I’m still relatively new to cycling and had been riding a heavy, cheap, clunky aluminum bike which I bought as a low-risk way of checking if cycling was a hobby I’d stick to. 2 years later I’ve treated myself to this and it’s made me love cycling even more.

28 Likes

I’ve posted a pic before, but it was just new wheel day! I went from 32 mm deep Zipp 202 NSWs to Enve 5.6s, They really transformed the look of the bike. Ride great too :+1:

28 Likes

Damn…that is like going from a VW Beetle to a Ferrari…very nice!!

Honestly I was a little worried that my expectations for the new bike would be a little high because while I knew it would be nicer to ride, I thought the difference would be marginal. Turns out I was wrong and there is a huge difference between the two :rofl:

2 Likes

Thought I’d post an update since it was new wheel day this past weekend. Went from the stock DT Swiss E1800’s to Zipp 303S. It’s my first set of carbon wheels and so far I’m really happy with them.

23 Likes

2 new bikes in August! (well 1 frame one bike)
I’m a lucky man.

SL7 with parts transferred from my SL6
and my first MTB! Epic HT Comp.

I suck at mtb and don’t know if HT was a good idea but screw it! It will be fun regardless :blush:

First ride on it in the books and I’m in love! Was one of the most fun rides in my life! Even got a nice 77 out of 1230 people on a super steep climb climb :smiley: There’s gonna be a lot more MTB riding in my future!

23 Likes

SL7 is just a beauty :slight_smile: One and only con: the price :stuck_out_tongue:

What canyon is that please? I have the 2015 ultimate cf slx with di2. Built for climbing and love it but am considering getting some zip 303s. Bike looks ace by the way!

yup! and there’s 0 logic coming from SL6.
I can tell you with confidence it’s pretty much the same bike. looks nicer with integration and it’s a little harsher ride. That’s it!

However us cyclists don’t operate with logic, do we? :rofl:

2 Likes