TrainerRoad users' bikes

I freaking love everything about this bike. Rim brake, mechanical groupset, alloy frame with round tubes all-around. Major kudos

3 Likes

That bike is a work of art.

How was ordering from Haley? They are at the top of my list for when I get the eventual itch to replace my current road bike.

I agree! Thank you

It’s fun and some of my favorite colors. Thank you!

Hi
Ming at HALEY was great to work with for the order. He helped dial in the custom geometry, based on my current bike and my riding plans. I did a mock up for my colors and design and we worked from there. He has a good process working with top end crafters. The frames are fabricated by DEAN in Colorado (exceptional quality), then off to others for finish work.
My final decision to go with HALEY was based on the fact that it’s simple flat fee for any customization. Feel free to PM if you have any questions in the future.

1 Like

Agreed on all the positive responses. Great looking bike. I have a rim brake TT bike and a disc brake roadie. I see an improvement on disc brakes, but don’t think they are a necessary evil. I would love to geta top end rim brake brake light roadie with hidden cables and great stopping ability. Not sure that exists!

1 Like

Fezzari Empire Elite Race Rival AXS

First brand new bike day! I bought my N-1 bike used and, as it turned out, was a size too big. Despite a professional fit we just couldn’t get it right so my wife let me treat myself to a new bike.

Rival AXS (also my first electronic group set). Zipp 303S. Swapped out the saddle for a Specialized Power Pro. Lava red.

First test ride had to be on the trainer due to rain but pleased so far. Still getting used to downshifting on the left but that will come in time. Rain is forecasted all weekend so I might not get onto the roads until next weekend. Nonetheless I’m quite happy.

34 Likes

Very nice.

1 Like

12 Likes

New build.
Caad 10 frame, 9 speed Dura Ace, crankset 10 speed Dura Ace, Chinese wheels

30 Likes

Enjoy it! :blush:

1 Like

Longest Serving Road Bike, including 300k in a single day.

Recent Arrival, Gravel bike.

15 Likes

One ofthe best looking bikes here imo…

2 Likes

19 Likes

Latest addition to the stable, a 3T Strada. Really sold on the 1x setup.

20 Likes

What gearing are you running?

1 Like

Currently 44 / 11-36, but I’m going to experiment with putting a 40 on the front, when I get round to fitting it!

2014 Trek Fuel EX 9
Since the picture, I have gone to a 1x drivetrain and new dropper that allows it to be actually slammed down to the seat tube. So far, so good there. It’s hard to believe I’ve had it for 8.5 years, but I guess I don’t have any big complaints, so I’m thankful for it!

2009 Motobecane Grand Record
Picture was from 2018 New Year Day No Matter What Ride :cold_face:
It is currently on the trainer. I’m trying, unsuccessfully so far, to talk myself into a new, more gravelish bike (Domane/Diverge-esque) and just leave this one on the trainer.

11 Likes

How do you like the Empire? I’ve been looking into either that model vs. the pro race, as I am interested in being able to customize crank length and bars (as opposed to making all those changes after purchase). Did you get anything customized that would not have been standard if you purchase from one of the big name brands?

The Empire is awesome. Now, my previous bike was a 2010 Motobecane that was a size too big, but I had test ridden a Trek Emonda and I much prefer the Empire.

I ordered the Empire Elite Rival AXS. However, they did not have the color I wanted and decided to pay for the SL frame in lava red. It did take a bit to convince them, as I suspect it messes a little with their inventory system since the SL bikes (lava red and raw carbon) are only for the upper models.

If you already have deep section thru axle wheels then get the SL Pro. My previous bike was rim brake so the Elite Rival AXS got me both electronic shifting and carbon wheels.

Other than specifically requesting narrower bars than my shoulder width would dictate (40 vs 42), I did not do any customization through Fezzari. I did replace the saddle as soon as I got it but that’s it. The handlebars are good enough but not my favorite - I prefer an ergo bar with a longer horizontal section in the drops (eg Zipp SL 70 Aero or Ergo).

The bike fit from their 23-point measurements was very good. I verified it using MyVeloFit since I swapped the saddle and forgot to record the original saddle position.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I am super pleased with the bike, their service, and the company as a whole. @Buckethead also got an Empire recently - maybe he can add his perspective, too?

2 Likes