TrainerRoad Team on Zwift

Meanwhile in the cheap seats (cat c), I’ll be giving this one a go tomorrow if I wake up in time. Anyone else?

I shall see you in the trenches sir

1 Like

Quick “Roster Update”:

Team A
@Michael_Tate
@anon20047708

Team B
hernejj
@mcneese.chad
@jonathanwaddell
@rkoswald
@bpm
@FatherDamo2
@wyku

Team C
@majorsensible
@runriderandi

Let me know if I got it wrong :). B is looking pretty healthy but could use 1-2 more, with some people having to play “backup”. A, and C teams need more people. Ask your TR friends, see what we can do to fill these teams.

5 Likes

Other people in this thread who might want to join one of the WTRL teams above?
@AdamJ
@rosko001
@tomm
@jchappers

1 Like

I’m down for “B-team”

2 Likes

Yeah I’m up for it. We find out shortly the timings etc so I guess that will be what decides things due to time zones?

1 Like

@hernejj maybe time zone info would be helpful to add as well? I’m currently UTC-6. I would likely want to race in the evening, but could maybe be convinced to do a 6am session. :slight_smile:

Hopefully the schedule comes out soon. I saw one comment from a person suggesting it would happen today, Friday, so we’ll see if that happens.

1 Like

I’m going to struggle to fit more in without blowing up again. I’m already doing 1 a week and I joined TR last winter to find the discpline to say no to too many zwift races :laughing:

I will keep an eye on it though, maybe drop to a low volume plan …

I am Cat C and interested. I would be around for the timings as well

1 Like

I can join Team C

1 Like

Great suggestion, thank you!

I am UTC -4 (US Eastern Daylight Time), prefer to race early morning timeslot.

1 Like

Details of races and time zones is up

2 Likes

I am on US Mountain time, which I think correlates to their “Calgary” zone. If so, I can only hit the America W at 8pm in my time zone. Not ideal to race that late, but I might be able make it work.

And of course, it will shift one hour when DST ends. I am always confused if that will make the times 1 hour earlier or later :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I am interested in Cat B for America West (9pm CST). Unfortunately no other time really works, as it is either overnight, middle of work, or middle of dinner. I should be able to commit to pretty well all races. At the moment, I’m sitting at top of Cat B, with last race result: 95% of 20min 241watts / 3.89wkg (my weight is too low by 1kg, so it’ll lower it ever so slightly). Hopefully that means no Cat A upgrades, as I’m well out of my league there!

EMEA zone for me, cat B. From info on web site I take it there will be one race per time zone/league each Tuesday at 7-8 pm in each relevant zone ?!

1 Like

The America West would work for me until the time change, depending on which way it goes for me–if it goes to 7pm I’d be good/better, but if it goes to 9pm that’s too late for me.

ETA: I think I might end up just staying at 8pm if Calgary gains an hour and the zone time changes to 7pm to match. I hate time zone shifting… :joy: Right now we’re the same as Calgary, but come time change they’ll be an hour behind us is all I know.

1 Like
  • Each League System will be attached to a particular timezone in the geographical region after which it is named.
  • Times will adjust as that city adjusts its clock for summer and winter.
  • Division race times will be fixed for each season but may be adjusted based on racer locations (determined from your WTRL profile timezone settings) for subsequent seasons.

The second point is throwing me off…so will the times actually stay the same as shown, or will they adjust? It seems like they’ll stay the same, but it’s a little confusing how they’ve listed it out.

1 Like

I know, kinda funny after I thought about it more.

• Presumably, since most states follow the DST (except Arizona and a few others?), I think the host region will revert to STD time, as will most other regions. As such, with the 7pm start by the host region, they all shift the same.

• End result is that every place following DST/STD change will still be at 7pm (in the host region) after the switch.

• The only actual places impacted to an actual change will be the non-DST areas. So I think their message is actually very narrow on who will see a time switch.

Does that sound right?

I’m thinking that’s the case. I’m one of the “non-followers” in Saskatchewan so I think I’ll be going from 8pm to 9pm which is kinda crappy. :cry: I could maybe switch to America East and do 6pm after the time shift, but I may still be eating my supper on the bike at that point… :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah, I understand the need to set based on a few zones. But the E/W focus makes it less than ideal for me at least, in my Mountain timing. Maybe not a problem for one night a week, but it means a SUPER late dinner and bedtime early in the work week… so not sure about my ability to do this?