TrainerRoad Team on Zwift

I’m in, cat-B male!

2 Likes

I’m possibly in - depends on the race times (crazy work schedule) - cat B

Those races are the upcoming official Zwift league, which will run on a Tuesday. They will have a mixture of scratch and TTT races. It’s run in partnership with WTRL. The WTRL TTT will still happen on a Thursday evening and isn’t part of the Zwift league. I think you can have mixed teams in the Thursday races.

Request to join TR Andrew_Sturgess
Zwift - Andrew Sturgess

request on zwift power done

1 Like

Any Cat C or D riders interested in a Cat C team? We might not win much but it would be great experience.

4 Likes

CAT-B rider here, dependant on time I could be available. Would happily be the seventh to tenth rider and only race if you were short.

1 Like

Excellent! Thanks :slight_smile: Happy to have you, and I’ll update everyone once WTRL announces time slots.

Just a little nudge to tell everyone I’ll be everesting on this coming Sunday - for those who have added me in zwift for the team I’ve changed my name in the app to signify this.
I’ll be starting at 4:30am UK time and will appreciate any ride ons or ride withs :slightly_smiling_face:
I’ll be there all day, no rush!!
If you’re looking for me on companion app this is me

8 Likes

And yes I know I’m not the Austrian champ

Do you have any proof that you’re not the Austrian champ? :wink:

3 Likes

Any estimation on the w/kg you’ll be climbing at? might join you for a ‘ride with’ if your lowest is my highest! ADZ or Mt Ventoux ?

All the best with it, managed three ADZ back to back last year and in an outdoor ride managed almost 5,000m, thought of doing 8 ADZ indoors is impressive…best of luck and kudos to you if I don’t see you on the day.

1 Like

We’re trying to build a separate Cat-A team. You and @Michael_Tate are our A racers so far.

Given your name @anon20047708 (and the fact that I too am a triathlete) any other A that joins us probably has 2 giant diesels ready to pull them to victory since we’re pretty sure a VO2Max interval and a sprint are the same thing :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m another Cat-B triathlete that might be interested, depending on the race schedule. I’m also in a place that has time zones that shift around us so I imagine one zone might work better/worse before/after the time shift in November.

1 Like

My ftp is around 3.5 so I hope to be doing 2-2.5 consistently. Time will tell! It will be the alpe!

2 Likes

I’m a B/C, still categorized as C and am interested, but it all comes down to the times.

3 Likes

Good hit out by TR Racing in the 3R Volcano Circuit event (16:10 AEST) Shoutout to my B Grade peeps Tom Martin and Jonathan Waddell.

These races are full on from start to finish:)

2 Likes

Strong ride from @rosko001 for 8th and Tom Martin ( sorry don’t know your TR tag) for 18th. Also Tom if u can change your jersey to basic 5 black and red. Didn’t know you were there til results list. :v:

1 Like

Agree, great effort and results too.

I always find those 3R Volcano races follow this format for me… a two minute Anaerobic start followed by multiple top end threshold laps (touching vo2max) and every 5’30" lap involves a minute at Vo2 max/Anaerobic on that ramp. With the A’s in there I just see how many laps I can hold on for as pulling 93kilos up that Ramp the elastic eventually breaks :slight_smile:
Really makes you appreciate those rest intervals on TR workouts.

4 Likes

Thanks. I was really annoyed that I let my bad positioning in the front group allowed a gap to open up ahead of me. I went past a few riders but couldn’t make it back on the front.
Good race though, I normally do crit city so split categories, this was actually nice to have a mix and everyone fell naturally to where they could hang.

I’ll do it again next week and try and make sure I’m up the front, didn’t have any issues when I was there before being dropped :laughing:

2 Likes