TrainerRoad Team on Zwift

I am doing the B group and I am up to try to join the group workout.

Enrico

Is there already a group workout planned?

Thanks for your candor. Like I said, I feel dirty even thinking about it. The biggest thing I’m wrestling with is getting KOM jerseys because of it, but perhaps I could take a bathroom/water break just before the top of all the climbs to make sure I don’t take a jersey away from some other Zwift weight doper…

3 Likes

Request to Join

Mike Peterson (TR) 3909

mpeterson23 on Trainerroad

2 Likes

More info:

2 Likes

If this kicks off anyone UK/EU time interested in Tuesday night races/TTT ?

1 Like

I was attempting to get a group of local riders together to form a team for the new WTRL league. But that failed because of low interest, and because WTRL is not allowing mixed gender/category teams. So my next thought was to try here…

I’m looking to join/make a team of 6-10 Male Cat-B’s. I have not joined the TR team yet, but I can/will if needed. At the moment I’m trying to see if there is enough interest here to get 6-10 Male B’s together to form a sub-team.

Ideally a team would consist of 6 dedicated riders who could always attend the race each week, then no one ever gets left out. But obviously life/injuries/etc get in the way so its probably best to have a few extras. It will just suck to have to leave people out if more than the max of 6 people show up on race day. Thoughts? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am watching this new info closely (posted above) and may look to join a team (Mid-level B rider myself). Still waiting to see the specific times and such to see if I can make the schedule work.

1 Like

I’ll count you as a strong “maybe” :smiley:

BTW… Thanks for all your work and effort on the Rocker Plates. Your info launched me down the road of building my own. I’ve done two rides with it so far and I love the movement.

3 Likes

Ha, good deal! :smiley:

The plate looks great. Only suggestion I can make right now is to check your bike angle. Looks to me that your front axle is lower than the rear, pointing you “downhill”. I like to have my front about 1" [25mm] higher than the rear. You can check with a level or tape measure. But I suspect you’d benefit from a 2-4" spacer under your wheel block.

That photo was pre-production :smiley: I did also make a front riser block, and I fixed the saddle tilt.

2 Likes

Killer! That is perfect. :smiley:

I’d be interested. Had dangled same hook out but got no bites, good luck.

1 Like

Excellent! That makes 3 :slight_smile: Only 3 more to hit minimum.

3 Likes

I’m a fringe B/A bit I’d be happy to join if I don’t get fully bumped to A. (ZwiftPower just threw the “Almost A” label on me today!!!)

BTW, I raced today, 53min at 360W AVG and 366W NP. Any thoughts on what I should set my FTP at without taking another test? I was 345 and I’m pretty sure that’s no longer accurate…

1 Like

355 sounds about right to me, oh and fyi there is feck all " fringe" with those numbers :yum: solid A. Nice work.

1 Like

Awesome! I would LOVE to count you as a 4th, but I fear that @jonathanwaddell might be right, you sound squarely in the A category to me. Maybe we can find you some more TR cat-A riders to join with?

If not, I’d be happy to have you, I’d just hate for you (and the team) to somehow get relegated for it :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

WTRL Update:
They appear to post their updates to the following Facebook group before their website. It is meant for people who want to join the league, so go ahead and join if that describes you.

The big takeaway here is that more info will be available this Friday.

BTW people, still looking for riders for a TR Cat-B and a TR Cat-A team! Let me know if interested.

1 Like

When are the races?

Sounds like there will be a number of options for the league, so raise your hand if you’re interested and then we’ll just have to see what times work for people once we have an interested group.

1 Like