Random non-training related question: @Nate_Pearson and others have mentioned “extreme ownership” and “radical candor” a few times on the podcast as parts of TR’s corp culture. Any other books/ philosophies that I’ve missed? Thanks.
He’s mentioned Jim Collins’ work a few times. Also ‘Who: The A method for hiring’ which is on my list to read.
This is the best book I’ve read on “radical candor”, can’t recommend it highly enough:
My core business book recommendations read in this order.
- Start With Why
- Good to Great
- Extreme Ownership
- Radical Candor
- The Advantage
I pulled the links to Amazon for the books above, and added them to my main book thread. But here they are for quick access.
A few others that I’ve enjoyed:
- How Will You Measure Your Life (by Clayton Christensen, one of the greats, but arguable this is better than the Innovator Dilemma)
- What Got You Here Won’t Get You There
- The Hard Things About Hard Things
- HBR’s 10 Must Read series (very snackable on various topics)
- Shoe Dog (not really a direct business book, but you can’t help but pick up a few things reading about the history of Nike)
- The Everything Store (similar to above but about Amazon)
I got yours added into the Business section in the Book thread too.
This book is open currently on my desk. Love it.
One that I have currently come across is
Never spilt the difference. Chris Voss.
A game changer in the way I approach negotiation, conflict and everyday conversations.