TR Teams, Zwift WTRL EMEA Zone (UK/Europe) East 6.15pm West 7.45pm

Google folder with the management sheet (I will complete later).

You can ask access by clicking the link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CjnbDELM4luXzu4gdTZ_XzX_zg5TeO5c?usp=sharing

Hi all, looks like we have numbers to get some racing going. There is some admin needs doing so keep checking back here for updates. Might be worth everyone having a read through wtrl league info.

1 Like

Race details. Go well team TR :muscle:

I’d be up for this. Please add me to the list. Cat A

1 Like

Hi, can’t add anymore people into first comment in thread but you be on the list. Have minimum number (3) of A’s now so thank you. :+1:

Thanks. I probably won’t be able to race every week (and also not the strongest A in the world) so hopefully we can get a couple of others!

1 Like

If anyone has interest we could do race practices via meetups. The biggest thing is working the draft in TTT so you do as little work as possible when not on the front

2 Likes

Yes, I was going to suggest a couple practice races!

1 Like

tl;dr;

CONCLUSIONS

Power savings in a single file line of riders is quite consistent in terms of a percentage, even when the front rider’s wattage varying from 225-400W in the tests. Savings for the 2nd rider ranged from 23-24%, 3rd rider 30-32%, and 4th rider 33-36%.

Clearly, the single-file TTT formation is the most efficient way to travel in a group on Zwift. Racers competing in TTT competitions would be smart to practice riding in formation with a focus on holding that minimum wattage needed to stay on the wheel of the rider ahead. This is more challenging on Zwift compared to outdoors due to delayed response times and a lack of steering/braking, but riders can become very proficient with practice. And that will pay off in a big way in terms of TTT race results!

If we all follow each other on Zwift then can get some meet ups sorted, I’m Jonathan Waddell Zwift . Already have a few I follow but with different names/tags hard to keep up who’s who

Requested to follow.

I’m Sasa Ivetic [TR] on Zwift.

1 Like

Ok, cool! I am Enrico Magnani.

Do we have to ask permission for the team name? Did someone ask already?

Enrico

1 Like

Permission to use TrainerRoad/TR was granted in the separate thread, so we’re safe :slight_smile: We should however maybe think of improving the name(s) from “TrainerRoad WTRL EMEA” to something a bit more “clever”, as suggested by WTRL.

TR Junkies (insert category)

1 Like

Something to note with the name, if I’m reading the league info correct they need a “club” name and then the teams that the club enters to each category. Eg TR would club and then TR Junkies A/B/C etc for each “team”.

• Each Club will be permitted to enter as many teams as it wishes into whichever League system and Division suits.
  • Teams are required to register their Team Entry for each season with WTRL using a simple online form that will launch for Season 1 on Oct 1, 2020.
  • Teams will need to declare a manager and a team captain at registration. A manager can be associated with multiple teams but the captain can not (1 captain per team).
  • The captain will be the primary contact for WTRL to communicate Racer Sign-On Links for their team with. This prevents managers potentially having multiple different

Also, we need to get everyone organised on one point if contact otherwise this is gonna get laborious

The concept of “club” seems vague and not well explained in their description, but I think you’re right - TR would be the club, and TR Junkies B would be the EMEA B team. Teams are welcome to use anything to distinguish between divisions, but use of A/B/C just seems easy.

As for organization, I’m happy to register and organize as the team captain for B team.

2 Likes

That is great!

The name works as well.

Thanks,
Enrico

1 Like

Put me down for the B group please :slight_smile:

Like mentioned in the other thread the WTRL timings might be a little tricky for me on Tuesday evenings but should be able to make some of them.

Update about the WTRL EMEA league.

With the numbers signing up the league has been split into East and West, east will start at 6.15pm UK time and the west at 7.45pm UK time.

The Cat A team has gone with East, B team currently with West. We can still register other Categories in either league so get in touch if anyone wants to take part, you can ride what ever nights suit. Starts Tuesday 13th for 10 weeks.

Tried to reactivate my facebook but having some issues so can’t join the group right now.

Would it be possible to join the B team next Tuesday 13th at 1945 UK time?

1 Like