TR outside with Garmin offline

#1) I AM male. I’m not aware that referring to oneself as a ‘guy’ has been considered inappropriate. If that has changed, I certainly apologize, and will attempt to do better in the future. I have a feeling though this is misguided nitpicking…but, wouldnt be the first time I’ve been wrong.

#2) people keel misconstruing my words. I’m not asking for anything other than to be able to use outdoor workohts. I’m not even upset. I just find it a bit comical people keep saying that outdoor workouts DO work. This is clearly not the case. I dont even understand why that is still being argued about…

Yeah I realised #1 might have been how you meant it instead so removed that part of my post put you obviously saw it pre-edit.

No worries, not a big deal :+1:

1 Like

And IMO, a better analogy than the doctor one above would be this:

I’m in the car business. Lets say I sell a high end car. Customer leaves my dealership, and immediately rear ends someone on the street out in front of my place. Guy walks back in, screaming, says the brakes dont do anything. On what planet can I get away with saying “oh sorry about your accident, but yea, those brakes are Brembos fault…not my company. You better give them a call and see what they can do.” That just doesnt happen. The car doesnt stop. That is a major fing problem, and the fact that some ‘other’ guy built the brakes doesnt change the fact that my brake pedal didnt do squat 5 minutes after it was paid for. I’d better start apologizing profusely, and come up with a plan to make things right if possible, and get the lawyer on the phone as well.

Now obviously the scale here isnt remotely on the same level as the garmin problem…but my point stands…doesnt matter whose fault it is…you stuff doesnt work, time to take responsibility and come up with a gameplan.

I know you’re trolling, and as stupid as the concept is, I’ll play along. You’re car analogy is like demanding that BMW replace your car radio because the XM satellite service is experiencing an outage. But wait a minute, BMW has satellite radio, I demand you fix it.

Maybe next time it rains I’ll demand that Best Buy replace my TV because DirecTV doesn’t work.

Again, I know you’re trolling, so I feel just as stupid playing along because no one could seriously make such demands from TrainerRoad in this case.

2 Likes

Good grief. Why is everyone saying i’m “making demands?” If anything…I’m making demands of the forum members here. Just say that the outdoor workouts arent usable right now. That’s all I’m looking for. I’m not griping about if, I’m nor angry at TR for them not working…just dont tell me that they DO work lol.

1 Like

…but they do work.

1 Like

And yet…I cant do outside workouts. I guess we’re at an impasse lol…

Pushing an outside workout to Garmin doesn’t work right now, due to Garmin Connect being down, yes. I can see how that must be very frustrating if you do all your workouts outside with a Garmin head unit.

I expect the problem will be solved by Garmin within a few more days at most… if not, then well personally I’ll be more inclined to ask Garmin for my money back and use that to buy a Wahoo ELMNT instead.

1 Like

This is like getting mad at General Mills because your local grocery store closed and that’s where you bought your cereal. Yes General Mills can find a new store in their area to sell their cereal but it was the grocery store’s issue that prevented you from getting it to you, not General Mills.

Trainerroad is as caught in the lurch about this as you are. It takes longer than 3 days to fix an issue like this.

1 Like

Hey, @anon67840561, if the light in your bedroom burns out, are you going to stop paying your electric bill if your utility company doesn’t come fix the problem with the light bulb?

1 Like

If your monitor died it doesn’t mean your computer needs to be replaced. TR can send communication to Garmin Connect but since Garmin Connect is BROKEN it can’t receive the message. I am in Tech and can tell you like everyone else that this is not a TR problem. Please stop while you are ahead. Yes this is frustrating but we will make it through this 1%er problem.

2 Likes

Looks like things are starting to come back up. When I go to Garmin Connect I can view my rides starting with last Wed. which was the last ride that was uploaded before they went down. It appears like the data is all intact. Dashboard isn’t working but at least it is a start.

Edit - Dashboard is working now.
Edit 2 - Turned on my Edge 830 and it was able to upload the rides in memory from Thur-Sun.
Edit 3 - Was trying to post this in the other Garmin thread but screwed up. Sorry.

2 Likes

My take on this, Isis blow up a bridge in your home town, your standing at the side of the road shouting that the Ford (presuming you own a ford) should rebuild the bridge immediately, because they promised you could drive over the bridge (gps in the car is saying that you can), why can’t they just Zap your car across the road or something

You may not know how this works, but you know enough to Troll a forum

3 Likes

Is this the most “2020” post you’ve ever seen? Unreal some of the comments on here, primarily from one poster, I know we’re all entitled to an opinion but wow, this is extreme “me me me” territory

3 Likes

Got there in the end :roll_eyes:

Erm, yes you are.

1 Like

It is not possible however you can jump the step by recreating the workout directly on the head unit. It is easy to do (at least on my 820). The steps required at listed in the workout description text. Yes, it’s a bit more drama but it’s not a big deal since there is nothing that anyone, including TR can do about it right now.

Yes, yes, end user agreement but since every outside workout I have ever done is currently saved to my head unit (normal garmin OS does this) I don’t see what is different to sending the workout via garmin connect.

2 Likes

I could be wrong, but when this feature was in beta or early release, support told me that workouts are pushed 2 days in advance. This was to stop trial users from signing up and pushing rides to the head units.

This makes sense to me. At the time I mentioned I would like it to push more rides if possible, say a week. This wasn’t because I didn’t trust Trainerroad, but Garmin have a history of having some flakey software and I wanted the workouts on my 1030 asap.

Maybe Trainerroad could push a week of outdoor workouts or even if you have paid it could push all the ones you have. I understand Garmin might have API limits that prevent this, but it might be a good balance.

1 Like

Remember guys
Imgur

1 Like