Tour de France 2021 - Speculation and Gossip

To kick things off, the and kind of not start at zero again, the biggest speculative topic in the other TdF thread was the super human performances of Tadej Pogačar he has shown AGAIN this year.
Some believe he is just a once in a generation talent and others believe he is a great talent, with a great medical staff.
I was super stoked after the 20th stage of 2020’s Tour and really felt like having witnessed a miracle right there.
As time passed, admittedly I became more and more doubtful of his performances, especially those in stage 8 and stage 20.

In the other Thread, this article was quoted and discussed:

Here is my take on that article:
:point_right:t2: Tour de France 2021! (spoilers) - #674 by Aeroiseverything

The ITT this year, and stage 8 and stage 9 might have increased the doubt over this being all natural ability.

Disclaimer:
I love cycling, I love bike racing, I admire pro sports, I don’t believe cycling is the only sport in which people dope, I don’t hate Pogačar, I just don’t like unfair competition, and I just don’t like the sport I love being tarnished and losing all its credibility once again.
That is one of the things that a multiple time tour winner being left off the hook (again) would do.

Also, it denies other world class athletes lifetime achievements, like Roglic last year and for example Küng this Year.

I don’t have any proof Pogačar is on anything and I certainly don’t have any proof everyone else is clean (I don’t believe the latter to be true). However, there are a lot of things that just add up, at least for me.

Also, I don’t believe guys and gals on a forum chatting about will change anything.
Maybe it is more of a therapy for being so upset, feeling I have been robbed of the excitement of my A-event for the year :man_shrugging:t2:.

Feel free to disagree.

Also, I am very much open to being convinced that I am wrong in my suspicion.

4 Likes