Tired Legs w/ Low Volume Plan & Extra Outside Rides

@mwglow15 - yeah, the additional rides are typical group rides: chill for the most part but definitely some intense pace lines and attacking/sprints for signs, and of course digging deep on the hills. I’d say you’re right that I don’t have the aerobic fitness to back up the extra efforts. My recovery weeks are usually very strict, I stick to the program, but I went back and looked at my last recovery week before I started feeling this way and I definitely went off plan. Several days of hard efforts when I should have been chillin’ in z2.

@toribath - definitely digging too hard on these group rides and extra days. I think it’s a good call to replace one of these TR workouts with the group ride instead of trying to have it all. When I look at TSS and IF from my group ride the numbers are either in line or higher so makes sense to replace a TR workout with the group ride. As for the all the VO2max and threshold work… when I deleted all the B and C races from my calendar I thought my workouts would change once TR recalculated but everything stayed the same. Maybe because I’m a few months out from my first race (if it still happens)? I don’t know. I’m going to look now at recalculating my plan to see if it takes me back to some base training as I think you’re right. If it doesn’t I might benefit from scrapping my current plan and start fresh.

I went for a ride yesterday and today and felt way better after a week completely off the bike, so I think that was the right call. Rest tomorrow and then I’ll do a recovery week just to be safe. Now I need to be careful about not digging myself into that hole, again.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! I really appreciate your time!

1 Like