The Ironman in 2019 thread

You guys are definitely right about starting low volume and adding in where see fit, external stress factors etc. thankful for the extra sets of eyes with all the suggestions…

@Bioteknik I can second the difficulty of Lake Placid lol… supposedly the toughest US bike and course

Interesting point to bring up, yes it would carry over well… I just am concerned with establishing the appropriate “specific” base?

main important diff between FDB and SSB (low vol) is the last workout of the week FD-few hours of endurance SS-more Over/Under and I am again concerned that it won’t carry over so well unless I add 30min of 65% to get that weekly endurance duration/stress. Also because I’m relying on this Base to carry me onto the ironman shouldn’t it perhaps be more specific, although I’m guessing there’ll more ftp gains via SSB over FDB. Thoughts on this…

Perk of doing FD base is the 3/1week that coincides with Swim and Run… Otherwise with SSB it may be helpful to adjust the workouts with 3/1 of Swim&Run
something to the tune of: Alternate Sweet Spot Base, Work : Recovery Week Layout though not ideal :man_technologist: