The initial pedals

Congratulations! You’ve put in some good 5-7 hour weeks, keep it up! And I would encourage you to ride more outside, depending on the air quality in your area. Looks like you are off 99 too, I’m north just over the Sac county line. You can get fast AND develop skills by doing your workouts outside! Especially if you get an afternoon delta breeze like we do :wink: I’ve done majority of my training for epic mountain adventures out here in flatland. You will get stronger over time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Your first priorities should be having fun and developing a solid base of aerobic endurance fitness. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

I think I am getting the hang of cycling. I did the Carson-3 in the morning, then did an evening ride with my dad. The first half my heart rate was through the roof, but as the ride went on my heart rate started to settle down and I noticed that I was getting dropped as much as before. This was mainly all flat, and I think it’s his recovery ride, but damnit I’ll take it!

Two more weeks until I finish base phase 1, pretty excited to take the ramp test to see how far I’ve grown.

Thanks Trainer road!

Evening Ride Down Monte Vista

2 Likes

Just another update. Finished the first base phase and completed my second ramp test last week. I’m pretty happy with the results, about a 30% increase from 93 to 130.

Did a few more outdoor rides with my dad and his friends in Fremont, did the loop from Coyote Hills to the Facebook headquarters and back. I was able to keep up with my dad for the entire ride, but again he was socializing with his friends while riding, but I was able to have some conversations without too much effort.

To FB HQ & Back Again

Signed up for some more events next year. New Year Duathalon at Folsom Lake and looking into a gravel event sometime in the spring/summer.

5 Likes

That is one hell of a bump in FTP! Congratulations!! Many more FTP increases like this one and your dad and his friends might struggle to keep up with you.

1 Like