The Best MTB Single Track Races In Every State

A big +1 for the Borah Epic, that’s one of my favorite events of the year! 40 miles of amazing singletrack!

Mississippi XC - Magee Lungbuster, Ridgeland, MS
Louisiana XC - Piney Hills Classic, Lincoln Parish Park, Ruston, LA

Endurance - 12 Hours of Mt. Zion, Brookhaven, MS or Skool of Hard Nox, Ackerman, MS

As others have said, 5 Pts 50 in the Chattanooga, TN area is great. It starts with 5 miles of road, but the rest is 98% singletrack with a couple of short sections of double track. While it is only about 15 minutes outside of downtown Chattanooga, the race is actually in GA.

1 Like

Where to start w u topper? XCO is dead in Michigan. No one likes it. Race against 5-10 guys at best. It’s about a destination like Moran 166, a gravel race or O2S. LJ is good. Exhausted reading ur post.

Carson off road is great and may be the biggest in NV. My vote would be Fears, Tears, and Beers is a super cool cool race in Ely. An enduro that’s been going since 2006.

Triple Trail Challenge is in September. Poto, DTE, and the off limits connector.

So how’s that list coming? From what I saw we could use some filling in. Thanks for all the contributions! I’ll definitely be looking into some.

Georgia

1. The Snake (2 race MTB series)…usually help on the two worst weather days of the year somehow.
  2. Fool’s Gold
  3. GSC MTB Race series (Unicoi Gap course)

Fools gold is great, but a bunch of not single track on the front end

AK: the Soggy Bottom 100 is 90% singletrack. Organization and support are minimal at best.
OR: The Alpine Epic 50 mile course, which is one lap of what used to be the 100 mile Cascade Creampuff, has amazing singletrack. Don’t let the gravel climbing fool you, the singletrack quality more than makes up for it.
WA: if it ever comes back, the Capitol Forest 50 has a lot of fun singletrack with only one section of gravel.

CO: the only mtb race I’ve done in there is the Breck Epic and it has more singletrack than most people want.

MN - Oremageddon is dead. Lutsen 99er would be your only real "marathon " option, but hardly single track
The MN MTB series has several great races, my favorite is at Red Head. The series has an option for the 4 hour marathon class.

WI - Epic Bike fest. 40 miles of awesome single track racing (formally Borah Epic)

2 Likes

Missouri - BT Epic

1 Like

Borah Epic is now called Epic Bike Fest, and is a great race.

Oremageddon is no longer a race unfortunately.