Tarmac SL7 Release date

That’s funny, considering the shots of the bike above include the UCI sticker :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe Spesh added it in anticipation of approval, that has yet to happen (for any number of reasons)?

1 Like

Road.cc coincidentally have an article on UCI accreditation for frames today. It doesn’t show timeframes for all activities but does seem strange to have seen stickered bikes already (this image is taken out of the UCI’s own documents).

1 Like

On Anna van der Breggen’s Instagram, today. Is she riding the new Tarmac?

3 Likes

New to this forum but have been following it for some time now. Does anyone have any perspective as to when Specialized releases the SL7 model if they will release the full line or start with the S-Works models and work their way down? I’m torn between the new Emonda SL6 vs Tarmac Comp Disc and very anxious to see the SL7

Didn’t a new emonda just get released today?

Yup.

2 Likes

yeah, just went and had a look in person. imo much improved looks vs the previous model

Someone with better eyes than me…
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBljInpIKWv/?igshid=1s5fwecpwibfn

Doesnt look like the SL7 to me. I see a Venge stem and aerofly bars, but it’s exposed cables like the SL6.

Ah yes. and looking closer, the seat stays dont match

Same question here, torn between picking up an Emonda right now or waiting a bit for a Tarmac. Don’t want to wait another month or two though…

exactly - really hoping its less than a month though with the leaked shots and stuff going around

My LBS told me a Venge stem wouldn’t work on an SL6. Has anyone tried it?

Just using the aero fly bars gets you 80% of it.

1 Like

Probably not a venge stem. I just thought it looked a little different than a standard stem but it’s probably just a normal sworks stem.

1 Like

If memory serves me correctly, GCN Tech had a video showcasing his bike last year or 2 years ago, and he was using a non Spec stem that has brand markings covered up

1 Like

Haven’t tried it myself but I’ve seen a picture of an Allez Sprint with a Venge stem which uses an SL6 fork. I think it will fit on any normal 1-1/8" steerer but it kinda looks chunky and not as integrated.

This link has some close-ups on the Allez.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CBd6PBqlxvn/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2 Likes

Sagan uses a Zipp Sprint SL stem on his bikes and will cover the branding. It’s hard to tell 100% from that video, but there’s a brief shot where you can see the top of the stem which looks like the Sprint.

3 Likes

drool

Saw these on Twitter today😯

17 Likes