Tarmac SL7 Release date

I think the pro is still available with Di2 and I expect that version will massively outsell the SRAM version

Yup, goes with the di2 and if u read above u can even check the colors of it.
The problem with di2 is that’s 11gears and in a year comes the 12gears of shimano.

So I will have another gear on which I can be dropped :wink:

What would be the benefit to having a 1x front gear on a racing/climbing bike? I could see it on a TT or maybe even the Venge, if you live in Florida and never go up anything. Also someone said that SRAM probably forced it on Specialized. Why would they do that? Just trying to wrap my head around the thinking.

Which thread please? I did some “YBN” and “12 chain” forum searches, only found one with 12 replies talking about 12s MTB chain…

Dear all, do you have any idea about the color code for Specialized?

What’s the code a/b/c/d mean for? Frame? Fork? Mark?

Thank you all.

Sometimes it helps:

Weird that they used the Trek Supercaliber color way for the Tarmac Sport

…gross

What about Orbea Orca? People riding it love it, but I almost never read bout it here.

1 Like

Wait what? Are you sure you didn’t make a typo? Ultegra DI2 with alloy wheels… 5799 euro’s?

That’s rather expensive if it’s still alloy wheels, not? Isn’t it 4799 then?

Guess that Shimano will do 12 speed on DA first, then take at least another year before it gets to Ultegra. For me Ultegra Di2 is the sweetspot in the groupset market - awesome shifting, braking and durability in all conditions, and I’m not rich enough and/or skinny enough to justify that much additional spending to save a few hundred grams.

I certainly need a new bike before 2022, prefer Shimano to SRAM, and by 2022 there will no doubt be some new technology about to be launched. Wireless Shimano? Shimano with build-in PM? New tubeless standard? So kind of figure it’s never worth waiting unless it’s something that’s a real game changer. Disc brakes might fall into that category depending on the terrain and conditions you ride, but a 12th gear certainly doesn’t!

5 Likes

That’s a really good answer and I agree with you in most of your thoughts but let me ask you something else, if you were about to buy a tarmac pro with di2, would you get the 2020 model with a 25% off or the new one that’s coming next week?

For me 100% buy the SL7. I would much prefer to have the newest possible model as opposed to the last of the older model.

I would (and will) do the same! Even though the SL6 is a great (best bike I used so far) bike. I hope the 7 is not like the 5, but it is the improved 6 from a ride quality

I’m sorry but what happened with the sl5?

Going by the number of people on this thread going after the sworks so have lots of disposable income…

Doesn’t seem like there is enough known about the new bike as no one has really used it to be able to make the call if its worth spending over $1000 more to get. Other then being the previous model is there anything wrong with the 2020 version?

FWIW I got a SL6 Pro in March and absolutely love it.

Maybe I’m slightly biased but before getting the SL6 I really wanted a fully integrated cockpit and felt I was settling but I actually prefer the look of the SL6 to the leaked SL7s.

2 Likes

I like your answers and no, there is nothing wrong, at least that I know, about the pro di2 2020.

It’s everything about the colors, mayb some less weight that’s something that’s need to be confirmed, the wheels, maybe goes with the aero handlebar and I don’t know if will be any other thing different in the new model.
The thing that I have seen is that some people is already selling their 2020 model for 2k euros less than the real price just to get the new one.

Less than a week to know everything and check reviews.