Tan wall tyres movement

Yeah I think they suit darker or richer / deeper coloured frames imo. Like your bike though, super nice.

1 Like

Turbo cottons tan walls stay tan for some reason, it’s not just the disc brakes

In the 90s I had a purple Trek alu MTB with white tyres. I’m sorry. I was young.

They cool af bro
dont @ me! :stuck_out_tongue:

As long as they were Onza Porcupines, this is approved. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’m surprised there’s no discussion on Jonathan and Keegan’s opinion/discussion from the latest pod my

Colour me surprised that the white shoe wearing Jonathan and Keegan were anti Tan Walls :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::rofl:.

I get the thinking that they may flat more. A lot of the tan varieties are the race version. However there are some tan tyres with protection.

I love tan tyres though I’m not entirely convinced yet that they are perfect on my bike. They seem to best suit dark green. I guess Keegan’s peach(?) Coloured Blur wouldn’t be a match anyway :man_shrugging:.

What about green???

With the reintroduction of green Michelin tires, we are well back on our way to the days of the late 90’s when some truly hideous bike color combinations and specs were committed and forced upon the bike buying public……and I hold myself personally accountable for my own transgressions. :flushed::flushed:

A particularly hideous example (and no, I did not spec this….but may have been involved with the photography. Cannot confirm or deny🤪)

Bass boat gold and red frame, blue Sid fork and green Michelin tires…what in the name of all the is good and decent in the world?!?!?

4 Likes

Hahahaha :rofl:

Personally not a fan of non black tires, I think they only look borderline acceptable on black bikes, but still somehow not as good as all black.

1 Like

Tan walls or GTFO for me.

3 Likes

Veloflex Corsa tubeless. I have the Evo 28 in the back and Race 25 up front.

Edit: I just noticed when I took that pic I was still running the Evo 28 up front as well.

4 Likes

On yellow, orange, (medium to lighter) red, neon green/lime bikes - tan walls look absolutely awful imo and are a hard no. Other colors are a go if it meets one’s aesthetic preference.

1 Like

How do you like these? Gp5000 TL have been my go to tires but part of me reallllllly wants tanwalls on my black/raw carbon Roubaix.

These seem to be out of stock at the moment but I want to pick some up eventually.

1 Like

I’m super happy w the Veloflexes. I like to try different, and in that vein, last year I ran Wolfpack clinchers. Alas, they seemed to find too many opportunities to puncture. I switched to the Conti 5000s and they were as good as everyone says they are. This year I upgraded my wheels and went tubeless. I opted for the Veloflexes to keep weight low and have been really happy w them. Getting them mounted was easy. Getting them sealed took some patience (I only have a hand pump), but so far so good. No flats. I do need to tip off air after a few days. And if I go more than 5 days w/o riding (it’s been one of those summers), they do lose all pressure.

I bought direct from Veloflex.

I love that the company basically shut down for August. I’m American and jealous.

1 Like

@JimA can you comment any further the ride differences between the Corsa Evo TLR and the Corsa Race TLR? Besides 320 and 350 TPI respectively and a little weight I don’t see too much difference.

He’s going to haunt you tonight with a 5800 word exegesis on carbon blacking and thread counts if you’re not careful. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@KorbenDallas Alas, I am not that alert to subtle differences in tires. I switched to the 25 up front because I was doing a 140 mile / 9,000’ vert ride and was happy to eek out a few watts in aero savings. Otherwise, the only difference I’ve noticed is I tend to run the 25s w slightly higher air pressure (85-90psi) vs the 28 (80-83ish psi), so the ride up front is a bit firmer than when I was running the 28s. Also, very limited sample pool here, but it seems the EVO holds air pressure a day or so longer than the Race.

1 Like

When I first ‘properly’ got into road cycling I had some bright blue Schwalbe Blizzard Sports to match the colour scheme of my bike and you know what? I stand by it.

2 Likes

They look all right on green bikes too.

5 Likes