Tacx Neo 2 and road bikes with disc brakes

Time for one of those new Neo’s then. :slightly_frowning_face:

I have a Tacx Flux with the same spacer issue. It’s not pretty but it works as I’ve just placed an open headed spanner in between the rear stay and locking pin.

It misses the disc housing on my Tarmac and correctly locks the frame in position

Do you have a photo you can share?

Thanks

Not sure if you’d class this as a bodge or a hack?

1 Like

These videos may help for those struggling with this using thru axles

2 Likes

Hi all,

I own a Neo2 and Venge with Sram AXS. Out of the box the bike didn’t fit the trainer. Contacted Tacx and they send me an extra spacer to make adapters fit my frame. And (i hoped) fix the problem of caliper hose touching the housing.

The rear now fits but the hose is still touching the housing. Seems to me this is not a good thing…

Anyone with the same problem and/or solution? Might better buy a Wahoo if this stays like this.
image image

I had that problem with SRAM Force on a Canyon Ultimate. I also called Tacx and got the spacer, and that fixed it. While waiting on the spacer, I loosened up the caliper. This did relieve the pressure of the hose up against the Neo 2, but what a PITA.

I hoped that spacer was the fix. Unfortunately it’s not enough. Tried the 148mm adapter too but that is to big For my axle.

One other thing is the smallest cog is way to far to the left. In need to adjust the derailleur quite a bit. Not only micro but with the high-low crews. Didn’t need that with my Tarmac/Di2.

It just seems it not a great match…

did your neo2 come with the XDR hub? my understanding is that you need to get one of those so that it’ll work with AXS.

I installed a XDR hub right after I got the neo.

The combination just doesn’t seem to fit. Only solution is using a boost adapter and axle or loosen the brake Caliper. Both are not an option for me. I think I’ll return the unit and try a Wahoo.

For what it’s worth, my Specialized Crux with disc brakes also has an interference. The brake hose end just barely touches the body of the trainer. The interference is so minimal that I’m not concerned with it, and I only ride that bike on the trainer before races, so a handful of times a year.

1 Like

I’m having a hard time fitting the bike into XDR + SRAM 12 gear cassette… even putting 2 washers behind the hub, the last cog scrapes the frame (trek domane SLR7)… any ideas? Tnx

Hi,
I found this thread and forum searching for a solution to fit my new Specialized Roubaix 2020 on the Tacx Neo 2T. I had a Roubaix from 2017 and both had disc brakes. The 2017 model didn’t rub however the 2020 model runs when I’m in sprints and pushing hard.

I tried fitting the 148 spacer with the 142 through axle and you get the awful feeling like you might have stripped the threads. Thank goodness it didn’t. The bike sits fine with not pulling or stretching with the 148 spacers. I ordered a 148 through axle to see if this solves the problem.

I haven’t seen changing the axle length as a solution and only the spacer. 142+2 or 5mm spacer makes it like a 144-149 hub axle so shouldn’t we be running a 148 axle? I hope there isn’t something I’m missing about the frame, I figure if it’s sitting on the Neo without forcing things should be fine…

I’m having the same problem with my Crux on my Tacx Flux S. I had to adjust my rear derailleur a good bit to get it to not try to jump gears.

Is there a spacer that will fix this problem? It seems like it’s seated in properly now but I don’t want to damage my rear disc brake caliper.

1 Like

Hey, did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue with my 2018 54 cannondale synapse. Did you run the 148 adapter with a longer thru axle? I’ve loosened the bolts on the caliper and I’m using the 142 adapter with the 5mm spacer, it works but inconvenient when I want to ride the bike outside.

problem solver for galipers rubbing 142mm thru axle
part : S2850.06
2,7 mm spacer
talk with tacx ( garmin) they will ship for free

Sorry to bump this, but I’m at a loss here. I’ve been using the supplied 2.7mm spacer on the NDS and I still have ridiculously tight clearance, to the point that my rear brake hose has snapped off at the caliper twice in the past few months. Is the solution really to unbolt your caliper and move it as far out as possible and hope for the best? That’s got to be a pain with a dual purpose bike.

The bike is a Canyon Ultimate CF SLX 9

• Sadly, this is just the way it is. Part of them designing primarily around regular rim brake bikes and having to retrofit for more modern disc brake bikes.

• They are stuck to a degree, because they need to make a significant design change in the trainer to make room for disc brakes (and some other bikes with tight chainstay clearance). But doing so requires a large investment in design & production tooling to make parts what fit properly.

• As of now, the trainer has notable fit issues and people either have to switch which bike they use on it, disconnect brakes or change trainers. There is only so much that can be done with the present form factor.

1 Like

Hey @RJones07 I know this is delayed but wanted to see what you managed to do with your bike? I have a Canyon Endurace CF SLX 9, and managed to figure it out with the thru axle adapter (not actual thru axle hubs), but noticed that though my disc brake calipers are not touching the trainer wall, it has really tight clearance - like 1mm - though I am on Shimano Di2.

I’m a bit paranoid to damage a nice bike against the trainer, but also at a loss that I potentially won’t be able to train indoors with this bike as intended.

Any others w/ experience with a Canyon (Endurace) CF SLX 9 Di2 would be appreciated.

I just loosen the caliper bolts now so that it’s not a rigid point of contact anymore.