Grande XL
Grande Supreme

1 Like

THICCY
CHONCC
EXTRALORGE

Done. Discussion over.

32 Likes

Just like the Beta plan builder in Trainer Days?

1 Like

I have not looked at Trainer Day so I am not sure.

Days per week 100%. Clear and simple. I’d also love to see a 2-days per week plan, but maybe that’s just me.

2 Likes

Why no 4 day plan?

4 Likes

This was just a basic example related to the most common Low, Mid, High Volume plan setups. Generally speaking, that spread of days follows what TR currently offers in the majority of their plans. They do have some with 4-Days and the POL Build Mid Volume is the example I can remember for sure.

Other than that, it is all about what TR has in their current plan templates. Nothing more, nothing less. As we’ve touched on in other posts above, there is a desire for more “open” plans that allow the athletes to pick the precise number of days they want. That is part of what I was aiming for with the table examples I offered later than the post that you replied to.

2 Likes
  • Low (Harder than you think and definitely where you belong)

• Mid (Not recommended. Way harder than you think. Don’t be a hero)

-High (May the Gods be with you)

:grin:

5 Likes

I guess we’re not that far off the AI being able to determine whether a day should be “intensity” or “easy” based on recovery metrics and training load. The problem I see here is people will still think 5-6 days of riding or whatever, not realising that may mean more structure than they initially thought.

ETA - sorry I’m only on post six, but there probably isn’t much point renaming until the update selecting hours per day comes. As someone mentioned, it could be someone wants to ride 9hrs but only three days. Or six days but only six hours :man_shrugging:.

Also, “maturity” seems an awkward fit, I assume we’re talking experience, but it seems too natural to think age.

1 Like

This boils down to my hack method of trying to capture everything in a single menu. Specifically, the High vs Low option is meant to cover the ability to shuffle the “Difficult”, “Moderate” or “Easy” days on the calendar that we can do in the Plan Builder right now:

I am no GUI expert. My idea is just meant to be a spark and maybe point to a more streamlined process vs the multi-step and repeat page process of the Plan Builder at present.

1 Like

This smacks of fixing a problem that shouldn’t even be an issue IMO. Even better than all the name suggestions delete all the plans or archive then, problem solved. Fix the fundamental cause of the issue an inadequate plan builder.

Delete / Archive the current plans and have one option to select…

“BUILD YOUR PLAN”
(Maybe marketed as - “AI Plan Builder” or “Your Personal AI Coach Chad”)

Q1. Select Hours per week

Q2. Number Days you train

Q3. Select the actual days you train up to the number you entered in Q2

Q3. Maximum hours for each training day (you can exceed the hour you entered in Q1 it just distributes the hours as it works out best for recovery and intensity.

Q4. Preferred Day for you longest session (uses this day if say you have two days with the same maximum hours.)

Q5. Number of intensity day (sweetspot and above, what they are depends on the training phase)

It then populates your plan, if your maximum hours available is say 2 hour on more than one day it puts the longest session on the preferred long day entered.

7 Likes

That sounds a lot like what Nate has described with Red Light/Green Light and the selecting hours thing.

I guess the key is steering people who don’t know how many they actually want into the right number of days/hours/interval sessions :man_shrugging:

Totally agree with this, and is basically what I was sitting down to write, it’s very much like what Trainer Day does (and I believe it takes he first 4 questions from your Strava account, if linked)

I’m 52, I’ve found that doing one long ride every week (or at least every other week) at the weekend, I really enjoy the thursday night chain gang, so that really on leaves me able to do 2 training sessions per week, so Train Now is working really well for me, BUT that leaves the plans pretty unusable as the min plan I would have to lose a workout, and during the build and specialty you end up with a loss of diversity in the plan (two v02 workouts ?)

I’m pretty sure we have had this conversation before, and changing the names does very much seem like sticking a plaster over the problem, it’s not addressing the fundamental problem

(TR is great, my FTP at 52 is the highest it’s ever been)

@Bbt67 I like this “building your plan”. One area should be added . . . questions that ask how many days of structure you plan to ride vs days outside unstructured. Then it should tease out of those unstructured days how many will be intense, moderate, or low intensity.

1 Like

The volume plan names can be

Standard
Epic
Ultra

That’s a pretty low FTP😏

2 Likes

Where did “political correctness” come from? The left fielder is looking for the ball……

I could see TR going to where what @Bbt67 added above. In the end with plan builder and TR there really isn’t a need for stock plans. Choose your goal, days, and hours and be served up workouts. It’d be like leveraging TrainNow, but taking into account recovery weeks as well as build and speciality.

3 Likes

The problem is also the number and ordering of options (decoy effect). Would love to see TR do a choice experiment to test out the effects of a few different sets on choices.

1 Like

It’s enough for hunting wombies, apparently.

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like