Strava leaderboards no longer free

Thing is, even as a premium/summit user you still get annoying popups about new features and so called “news” from Strava very prominent at the very top of your feed. I’m very happy my subscription is going to end soon. The only feature I’m personally looking for is fitness/fatigue/form charts on a somehow trustworthy platform. Something like TrainingPeaks without being so expensive. Any recommendations?

1 Like

It’s only £4/month if you pay for 12 months at a time.

2 Likes

Same here lol.

I’ve tried to use Strava to plan routes but have found it much worse than Ridewithgps.com.

2 Likes

I’m sending a cookie your way. Please pm me your address

1 Like

I am going to have to disagree with that. RWGP or BestBikesplit is much more reliable, easier to use, can add feedstops, points of interest, has more detailed evelvations / grades etc. I find Strava often tries to take my up a hiking path or a random field. It also give an error message often “Cannot plot way-point” No wonder it has been in Beta for years.

4 Likes

I agree, found it doesn’t even take me the right way round roundabouts sometimes!

Intervals.icu for sure. You still have to upload your rides to Strava for it to pull them down from. you don’t need the premium version though.

It will also give you TSS from HR for activities without power. And you can choose how much that TSS contributes to either fitness or fatigue. (e.g. you can have strength training contribute to fatigue but not fitness)

8 Likes

That’s not too bad, still think packages is a better idea!

Huh, I don’t think I’ve ever had an issue like that. Do you live in a country that drives on the right side of the road?

Yep, Intervals. Wonder how long that lasts, though… … …

2 Likes

Totally agree, in fact it is the worst plotter I have used. So for that reason alone ‘I’m out’

1 Like

Your points are well taken. RWGPS definitely has some good features. I had several in-depth discussions with them as I was considering getting a team account for our club. However, the 2 aspects I mention I still believe Strava has the edge. Another point you make is also well taken - “Beta”. I have been surprised that Strava has not made Strava routing even more feature rich and robust.

Yeah I found it useless in editing a route if I didn’t get it 100% correct on the first pass or to edit an old route.

This is an interesting point. Xert also relies on the push or is it pull. I can’t see them killing it but who knows.
Interval.icu is the best thing to come out of Strava… Pun intended.

2 Likes

that would be the worst. there was talk of this before and tons of pushback. personally, i’d look for another platform if it came to that.

Intervals.icu
Free, continually expanding and the person that made this site often posts on this forum.

12 Likes

I just hope they don’t cut out the “sync everything to everything” feature… That’s probably what I use strava for the most… collecting outdoor rides, TR workouts, the odd indoor ride on other platforms. Best thing is all of it automatically ends up on the TR calender, which I generally stare at most of the time.
But just in case: what alternatives do you guys use for that purpose?

1 Like

Strava seems to have a very tenuous relationship with their third parties. In the past, it seems like they’re fine with them right up until they get properly popular, then pull the plug.

1 Like

Good to hear it is not just me then. Many a time have I got 110 miles into plotting a 136 mile route (taking the best part of 15 minutes) for it to error and I had to start again. I use it once or twice a year if I travel somewhere new and can’t remember my logon to more reliable sites.

1 Like