Specialized allez sprint frame

I found that if you want to change the stock saddle to one with carbon rails you need to change the clamp too. Specialized sells it here. Made for riders, by riders. | Specialized.com

1 Like

I really like mine. I got the first Red Hook Crit edition one (which in my opinion is way better looking). I’ve gone as far as 117 miles on it no problem. Took it on a training camp in the mountains, 80ish miles a day for 6 days, never had a problem.

I bought a Canyon Aeroad before it and the plan was crits and trainer for the Allez. But I found myself riding the Allez so much more just because I like it so much. Only thing is I want to make the switch to disc brakes so I just uploaded it to the Facebook Online Swap meet. Wish they had made that as a disc option because I always get comments whenever I take it places.

1 Like

So what did you do with the Aeroad @JT_34 ? I have the ultimate ‘race’ bike with the emonda slr, fast carbon race wheels, and the H1 fit - aggressive etc. But, I keep getting pulled towards the Allez and I have no idea why. I do mostly crits and a mix of road races - some hilly. But I’m light and can climb well.

I still have it. It sits next to the Allez in the pain cave. Still really like it, and have it decked out with etap. Thinking about selling that frameset too. If I sold the Canyon I’d move the etap to the Allez, or sell them both and make the switch to disc now. I’m torn on the whole thing.

None issue if the Red Hook was disc haha and not limited edition. I was just super lucky that our team shop had one left in his shop when I was interested.

Great food for thought @JT_34 I keep talking myself out of the allez and keeping the Emonda. But truth is, I do all of my training inside, some weekend group rides, and race almost every weekend. Did do one hill climb last year. Yeah the emonda weighs like 15 pounds with race wheels and is murdered out - but the longer I keep it the less value it regains when I go to resell it.
And that hot pink Allez. My lord.

Deck out an Allez, lose one pound off your body, and you’re at the same combined weight!

Ha. Race weight is 143-145 not sure I can shed much more. I wish
I would take my stages and put it on the allez - both bikes are the same ultegra group. Another question - sorry for all of these. Did you size up at all? The 56 allez matches up about the same with my 54 emonda slr H1/slammed fit. I know it’s supposed to be super aggressive.

I didn’t size up. Rocking the 56 which might be a touch small for me being 6’2” but pretty long legs. I just shift around on the trainer.
And aero trumps weight most of the time!

How do you like the Flo wheels? I am just about to buy an Allez Sprint and one of the early upgrades I have in mind is wheels (I have a good set of Velocity Race alloy wheels, but they will never be a good aero carbon wheel set). I am very tempted by the setup that you have there, but the Flo wheels seem to good to be true. I just can’t see how they can be HALF the cost of ENVE wheels. Any durability issues at all?

I just sold them, but only because the team I’m on has a deal with another bike brand and made the switch to disc brakes. The Flos were really good wheels. I never had any issues with them, and never felt like they were holding me back compared to Enve’s or Rovals. But I had never rode those brands, I guess I didn’t know what I was missing.

I wouldn’t really hesitate to get another pair someday. Which is good enough for me to say I liked them.

Fantastic, thank you! I really like the transparency that they offer regarding their testing, also as an engineer I can’t help but like the idea of a wheel company started by two engineers. Additionally, the alloy wheels that I have use the same Sapim spokes, I never would have thought that spokes could make much difference regarding durability and quality of a wheel, but I knock those wheels out of true much less often than wheels with cheaper spokes.

Thanks again, it’s shame you already sold them, otherwise I might have made you an offer. I want that exact setup (even the same sticker color).

Yeah it’s a great all around set for sure. Never felt like I was giving up much rocking a 45 up front compared to the 60 in the back. I think you’ll be happy with them.

I just built up an Allez Sprint size 54 with Ultegra mechanical, except for a 105 crankset. Aluminum handlebar and stem. The weight with Look Keo pedals and basic aluminum rims / GP4K2 tires is 18.2 lbs, which is lighter than I expected. And lighter then my 2003 Fuji Gran Fondo carbon road bike.

It has me thinking about getting an extra set of 28mm wheels to run with the Allez for additional comfort and selling the Fuji.