Specialized Allez Sprint Disc 2022?

It really isn’t…

No doubt, as I have previously stated. But if aluminum frames were selling well, why do you think suppliers would decide to eliminate them and not other SKU’s that are poor performers?

Same question as above…if they weren’t “struggling” to sell them, why eliminate them? and what metric are you basing this on?

Irrelevant…I can point to any number of niche markets where devotees of the niche pay inflated prices for items. That doesn’t mean that there is sufficient widespread market demand to support ongoing business concerns.

Just to be clear…I’m not trying to just bang on you…but this whole “oh, the industry is forcing us to buy things we don’t want” argument is just a figment of people’s imaginations. It just doesn’t happen that way…sure, there are occasions where a big company decides to push a feature, but when the market doesn’t want the feature, they will reject it…look at Shimano Biopace as a prime example.

But there simply isn’t the coordination between companies necessary to execute a big, bad “Let’s eliminate alloy bikes because we want to sell carbon bikes” conspiracy.

3 Likes