So if I only wanted to get 30-50 grams of carbs in my bottle? Would just malto be kinder to my gut?

I’m interested in overall health as well as cycling performance, although I think the two are intrinsically linked.
Apologies for not posting this on the other thread but I fear it’ll get lost in the weeds of how to get as much carb into the system as possible. I’m not trying to do that.
I’ve picked up snippets of information suggesting fructose may not be great for your gut microbiome. I must emphasise that I have heard no hard information on this yet.
I’m currently doing lots of steady z2 work and like to fuel it well so I can do it day after day. I have a variety of carb heavy things I like to eat but also value putting about 30-50g carbs in my bottle.
Seeing as I’m not trying to optimise performance, just keep trickling the carbs in, would just maltodextrin be a bit kinder to my body?

From what I understand, mixing Malto and Fructose should result in better absorption that either alone because they use different sites to absorb.

That being said, if you’re not trying to optimize absorption I really don’t think we mortals will notice much of a difference of just using one.

Could you share the info you have seen on Fructose on microbiome?

Sorry, it’s just snippets I’ve heard. I need to fully immerse myself in the subject. I suspect it’ll be very complicated.

And just to clarify, I don’t mean getting a sore tum whilst riding, I’m one of those people who can eat anything with impunity. I’m talking about trying to create and maintain a nice environment for the micro organisms living in my intestines.

For your specific goals, I’d still include some fructose. Far less than the optimal 1:1 gluc:fruc ratio for performance. Maybe 3:1 or 5:1.

Use sucrose to get there. Saves money.

Glucose/Malto alone, even if only 50g/hr sometimes causes minor gut issues. Rarely though.