Smart trainer connection via ant or Bluetooth?

Ok i’m in my modem settings and seems like it’s on channel 11 lol

So if this works, i might have to buy you a coffee… or kiss you. It’s been a pretty big PITA

Aren’t you in a position you could ask Garmin and the other companies you do reviews on why they don’t do that? (Not full backfilling like the way heart rate straps backfill after a swim, just from out or order Bluetooth packets)

I’m surprised none of the fitness apps log out what channel people are using for their wifi (check current/existing network connections using existing apis) and log that out to help with troubleshooting. Using channel 11 isn’t always bad, but it could be something worth checking if you have problems and need to troubleshoot.

TR support had talked about possible interference… but didnt go that far. With sweet spot and other high intensity rides, i’m fine with just music (no interference) but 1.5h+ z2 rides require entertainment

Dude. I love you.

No drops whatsoever in the last 2 workouts!

I also changed my 5ghz channel to not ‘overlap’ with my neighbor’s (using a wifi analyzer)… hopefully it solves some of the issues she’s been having with her internet.

1 Like

I’ve got an elemnt bolt and a cycleops hammer. The hammer transmits both ant+ and Bluetooth and the bolt can receive both. For some reason, when I pair them in the app, it chooses ant+ (indicated by the color of the light on the hammer).
How do I make it so that it pairs with Bluetooth instead of ant+?

My motivation is because when I use ERG mode from the bolt, the power is consistently lower. For example, if I want to ride 230 watts, I need to set it to 250w because it’s a constant 20w lower. I am hoping it’s due to the ant+ connection. Firmware is up to date on both units and recently did a spin down calibration.