Sigeyi Power meter?

what cranks are they?
i thought the DUB crank chainrings were all direct mount?

also what bolts did you use to attach PM to the chainring?

The cranks are truvativ Descendant 7k Eagle DUB. The chainring I took off is direct mount, but as you can see in the picture the sigeyi power meter has the correct three bolt mounts for my crankset and has the 104 BCD spacing. I believe the bolts came with the absolute black chainring, otherwise they are just standard chainring bolts. With 104 BCD spacing if you need smaller than a 30 Tooth chainring you will have to go with a different system.

1 Like

so is the Sigeyi direct mount to the crank and then 4 bolt 104BCD chainring just attaches to the PM?

Correct

Update on this power meter: I’m on the 3rd firmware. Soon to be 4th once I submit the issues I encountered yesterday. The unit is still VERY close to being excellent. Except it’s not. It looks like they’re trying to do something with auto-zero that’s throwing out the offset at random times.

The more I search for a cheap/accurate power meter, the more I respect what a number of the established players have produced. (SRM excluded)

9 Likes

Hi Shane, so what happens to the readings/accuracy when the offset goes off during a ride!

Another question… (general) does the crank arm length need to be set on spider mounted pm’s?

• It’ll read wrong. High or low.
  • No. Only on power pedals.

Hey Shane

Did you ever get the 4th firmware? Any improvements?
Looking into this power meter now.

Not yet sorry.

1 Like

Hello, i just installed this powermeter on my Orbea Alma MTB. Is 3.24 the latest fw you have used?

Yet to install and test that. It’s on the cards. The backlog is growing.

I have 3.24 installed but i don’t really know how to test if it is accurate or not. This is my first powermeter.

So some numbers compared to my 2018 kickr in erg mode. I did a 23 min ride at 184 watts.

Kickr showed 184 watt average.
Sigeyi on Strava Showed 193 watt average.
Sigeyi on Bolt Showed 198 watt average.

I have no clue why i get different numbers from Strava and the Bolt. Should not Strava just show the exact same number as Bolt? I mean i upload the ride from Bolt to Strava…sooo…

3 Likes

Were there periods where you weren’t pedalling? Average power will be different if you include vs exclude zero values. I think Strava include zeroes in their averages, which would lower it.

1 Like

No it was just a block at 184 watt. I started recording Sigeyi power on my Bolt after warm up.

I did a 1 hour workout today. Calibrated kickr and used backspinn calibrate method with the Sigeyi powermeter.

For some reason it worked out alot better this time. The difference was around 5% more power from Sigeyi powermeter than the Kickr. I am happy with that. I did not notice any drift during workout. So mabey fw 3.24 is good. Or mabey i need a longer workout to see the drift.

I will report back if i notice som strange things from my limited experince.

1 Like

I am on FW 3.24 as well and I noticed that these huge power spikes of 2,000 + watts I used to get on my MTB are no longer there. So at the very least those are gone.

3 Likes

Have you noticed any problems with fw 3.24?

Nothing yet, I have been on fw 3.24 since May 3rd and have seen nothing but improvement. Its nice not having those huge power spikes in your ride.

1 Like

I just did a 2 hour ride outside. From what i can tell power data seems spot on compared to heartrate and RPE. No spikes, no drift, no nothing strange at all from what i could see. Was fun to ride outside with power too!

Feeling quite good about this powermeter so far.