Show me your "Aluminati" builds!

Couple upgrades to my Procaliber 6–new fork and Sram GX AXS. I think the only original parts left are frame, wheels, and handlebar.

Please excuse the goofy lighting/shadows in my basement.

15 Likes

Just built this frame back up, it’s 3rd or 4th lifetime at this point. New R7000 105 drivetrain, it rides great.

20 Likes

Have you found a red bar tape that stays looking fresh?

This is a beautiful machine :sunglasses:

Since TR ain’t letting me upload photos right now… (edit: fixed)

Here’s my trusty 2011 Specialized Allez triple (in “gravel” guise, if adding 26mm knobbies makes it a gravel bike).

I’m currently trying to sell my carbon road bike (I want a new steel FS mtb and can’t justify owning two road bikes), so I’ve been cleaning this one up as it will be my main steed again.

Also, I’m swapping out the old square taper BB for a “new” Hollowtech II setup.

Edit: since uploads are working again:

4 Likes

Nope. Buy cheap cork tape and replace often. I don’t think this will get ridden enough to get too dirty.

1 Like

Here’s my contribution to the Aluminati. It’s 2015(?) CAAD10 that I built up a couple of years ago to race crits. Aluminum frames, rim brakes and mechanical groupsets still get the job done.

35 Likes

My 2021 Allez Sprint. Ultegra Di2, Stages Power, 38 cm Pro Vibe Aero Handlebars, Enve SES Carbon Stem 100mm, Mavic Cosmic Pro Carbons wrapped in Vitoria G2’s.

Absolutely love this bike. As a smaller rider (5’8” 142lbs), I built this out to lean into aero gains as weight is not a major issue of mine. All told, this build is still only 16.5lbs. Point being, with my small size, good position, and some aero upgrades, this bike is INCREDIBLY slippery and cost a fraction of a tarmac SL7 with similar components.

23 Likes

For the BC bike race, I treated myself to new rotors and pads, and some new pieces which leaves only the stem and headset original now I think?

• Galfer rotors and pads - 180mm floating in front, 160 in the rear.
  • Yep joystick dropper lever
  • Bikeyoke Divine SL dropper
  • Vittoria Syerra 2.4” rubber
  • 10-50 Garbaruk cassette on 11sp SRAM mechanical

The long running components continue flawlessly:

• Newmen evolution sl 30 wheelset
  • Quarq 170mm crankset
  • SID Ultimate Race Day 120mm
  • Thomson Trail C bars in 750mm
  • Fabric Line Elite saddle

3 weeks hard riding in BC and only a sliced tyre. Thumbs up for aluminium!

15 Likes

Aluminati brothers! Here is my contribution to a good cause.

2012 ‘bumble bee’ edition. Weighing in at 15.85 as shown - wicked machine.

And last but not least, frame number 88 from 1989. My Cannondale 3.0 - probably one of the best handling bikes I have ever had the privilege of owning.

Cheers :smile:

35 Likes

Diggem!

2 Likes

Looks so pretty! Are those aero water bottles and aero bottle cages?

Those are the Elite Crono CX bottles and cages

Wow I don’t remember ever seeing the yellow paint job on the caad 10. Sweet!

Not the best picture, but… 2022 Allez Sprint size 54. Rival AXS w/ Force crank and power meter, 10-30 and 48/35. 50mm Farsports Revo rims on DT Swiss 240 hubs with tubeless 28mm 5000TLs. Ultegra pedals. SWorks stem w/computer mount and Specialized alloy bars. Pro Stealth Performance saddle w/ Bup Labs Varia mount. I usually have a Silca Mattone bag on it when training. Old Elite cages I found in the basement. Weighs just a hair below 19lbs as shown, no weight weenie… I live in a very flat area, this is a bike for fast group rides. Forgive the messy shelf of cookbooks.

26 Likes

Misfit Psycles DiSSent 29er. Got it in 2020 from a buddy who had purchased the frame new. I’m definitely curious about this whole long low slack thing but this bike has been a blast to ride on Twin Cities area trails.

8 Likes

My last alum build, sadly sold this a few months ago

14 Likes

Good Lord :face_with_peeking_eye: That is beautiful. Did you bump your head before deciding to sell it?

2 Likes

I’m about to build this up as a crit bike for the year. dura ace 12speed going on it.

26 Likes

Not exactly a racer but back at the start of 2015 this was my last Aluminati build.

It went into storage for just over 3 years and when I got it out last year it was showing its age.

Its even worse now its done 8,900 miles.

11 Likes

Thanks! Still regretting it to this very day. :tired_face: