I can’t happen to find a thread on the upcoming successor to Shimano‘s top of the range Groupset 9150/9170, potentially called 9200 series.
While this is obviously speculation heavy, I was told a few things that might be interesting:
This event was apparently held last week and details were given to a chosen few. Apparently high emphasize was put on not allowing information leakage, but as always, drip drip…
So here is what I was told by an attendee (don’t kill the Messenger):
- Shimano is releasing a new high end groupset, that is 2x12 only.
- the STIs are Wireless, but there is still a Central battery to power both derailleurs.
- the Max cassette range is 11-34 and 11t is the smallest cog on any cassette
- while there will be a rim brake version, high emphasize is put on disc brakes. The new rotors are lighter and more akin to the XTR rotors, with major focus being avoiding bend and increasing heat resistance.
- availability is the major issue, apparently not before the 2022 bike gen to a wider market…
- the Dura Ace wheelset are allegedly being updated, lighter, wider, tubeless.
Again, I was told these things, by someone I know, who is in a very close relationship with the brand. Neither me, nor him can guarantee any of this to be true, but at least for me, it all makes a lot of sense, and fits with the existing rumors.
Feel free to correct me or add if any of this is wrong/ incomplete.