It can, keep turning
deleted
deleted
They don’t really mention the H3 in the video so I’m not convinced it’s misinformation. They just didn’t make one for the H3
deleted
There is no debate or conspiracy here.
Yes, the H3 is their top end trainer.
No, they do not apparently have an updated video or related pics showing the H3 at this time.
If you have questions and requests for change, you should contact Saris directly. Venting to us here will not further that request.
Again, no speculation needed. The belt and pulley design change IS the reason they changed the belt. It was covered in several reviews. No question about it.
Yes, the reduction of noise was achieved by switching from a ribbed to a grooved belt, I’m not sure what else you’re trying to say or what conspiracy you think Saris has pulled. They made a poorly designed trainer and seem to be trying to fix it, that’s all there is to it. If you’re that unhappy with it, do what I did and ask Saris for a refund
Information to Saris was sent within minutes counting from the first post on this group using the only possible contact that I found on their website.
The email sent to SARIS pointed exactly to this discussion here, so all is quite clear.
Shall not be misunderstood to discuss with actual and potential owners some sort of malfunction and in parallel informing the manufacturer, while trying to fix mine with some relevant information that is, in fact, available on this group, thanks.
There are people here that comments that the H3 made their smoke alarm trigger…the picture that I sent have melted plastic on the interior…can it not be an urgent matter to discuss?
Anyway, I was informed by an enquiry number as a reply to that email and a promise to be contacted " as quickly as we can"".
So, to get refunds or even some sort of reply seems far on the horizon.
Therefore I will wait…apart from the belt slipping I really like the H3…I have no intention to appeal for refund…I need a solution for it so I can use it normally…as others.
Another user here. I got mine in February from Evans in UK. It has slowly started making more and more noise, at start it was only when you started pedalling for couple of seconds, and couple of seconds when it was stopping. Now it seems to happen at certain cadence / power combos as well. High pitch squeeky noise… Also the grinding at some high power / low cadence efforts, but that’s quite rare and easy to ignore. No response from support in weeks, I have included videos of the issue. Not very impressed by this, but the trainer is very good most of the time.
Five weeks ago I applied the anti-slip strap spray and it was enough to keep the H3 strap from slipping or making noise again. roller performance is 100% satisfactory together with the Rouvy app
Hi David
I am on my few days after the anti-slip spray and with a reduced tension on the spring, less than the 3/4, and the unit behaves well. If it keeps like this forever, with some maintenance in between, I am more than happy because besides this issue the H3 is perfect.
I am also using Rouvy
It would be interesting to know if you are having these satisfactory results, with the anti-slip spray, knowing also what sort of compression you have on the spring. Mine is not as much as the 3/4 informed on SARIS instructions and again today I have not any slipping (several time over 16% gradient on Rouvy TDS5 I Race 3 I FIESCH) and the unit is quiet than ever.
The spring spirals have around 2.85mm and they will be very compressed with these 19mm (3/4), in between spacers.
They have a different and thinner spring type on their instructions PDF.
There are characteristics on the spring alloy and thermal treatment that can bring these two different type of springs to a similar mechanical behaviour, but I have decided not to compress mine so far, and all is still fine.

Your spring will compress to 3/4”. It was that way from the factory. Why are you trying to reinvent this. Just set it up properly and stop arguing with us about why you don’t think it will work if you have not tried
Why are you measuring individual spring coils? Just tighten the thing down already. 3/4” between the silver washers.
If it came with the factory with the setup of 3/4 it slipped, that’s the discussion here, I do not have to try it, again.
On the meantime people are increasing the adhesion with chemical agents and that interferes with how much tension is required.
I made a comment on a polite manner that did not deserve an answer at the same level.
If you do not like my posts please do not reply,
You sent me a PM trying to argue about how the pictures in the H3 belt manual are out of date and the name of the PDF is wrong. I don’t care about arguing over technicalities in Saris PDF.
Everyone knows what the issue is with the trainer, and running less than required tension is not going to help, but feel free to try and reinvent the wheel. I don’t know why you think decreasing belt tension will help with slipping, it does the exact opposite
^^^this achieves nothing
What is the purpose of posting here a PM that I sent to you to avoid more pollution on the last discussion?
This is what I get when I open the file on Google, after the search results addressing clearly the H3.
.
Again, i do not find the need to do discuss here this matter.
I am also in conditions to remark that I was surprised with the sort of comments whose author is you refering to SARIS as follows:
…Such a disorganized place
… Don’t bank on it (when I was trusting that sanding the belt was the solution as the brand recommends)
…It’s an outright lie to detract attention
…so customers can ride it instead of playing inspector gadget trying to fix their engineering fails .
… Their fixes have been similar to what I would think of doing if I was a one man company with no tooling.
Please avoid that style with me and take care with what the brand may think of that.
Myself, ready for more posts, more pictures, everyone can read in “diagonal” but some are not, due to feedback I am getting.
You threatening to report me to Saris over what I said on a public forum? Really stretching here. I don’t care if they see a pissed off customer, if it wasn’t for us pissed off customers they would never even have addressed this issue but you seem more concerned with a mislabeled repair guide
No, I have better things to do than reporting to SARIS.
I just think the forum rules are not being followed with the language and communication style used.
You are free to comment my posts and you can also expose my PMs later, but rest assured that both the public and the PMs are within the range of what I think it is a proactive way of communication.
Yesterday, I reflected after a PM from other user, that some of my posts could be not well interpreted or perhaps I was not in condition to make those sort of statements.
Humbly, I delete them. Other posts, I refrase them while keeping what I think is still relevant content.
I will not answer to you on the Public forum if you reply to this post, I will send you a PM, later you can decide to bring it back here or not.

Saris sent me their new H3 pulley. Except I’m not sure they sent me the right thing? Doesn’t look like it would interface with the H1 or H2 belts, seems too agressive for the H3 (I imagine it would tear that belt up quickly), part number doesn’t match anything I’ve found for an H2 or H3 pulley, and the date code is 5/19 which is before these H3 issues started, maybe even before the H3 release.
Is this an H4 concept? ![]()



