Road race / Gran Fondo / Stage Race Recommendations in USA [ideally with lots of climbing :)]

green mountain is a hell of a time. 100% recommend

2 Likes

Thanks for your further recommendations. I already registered for the Goldenstate Fondo :slight_smile:

Can anyone tell me about the competitiveness of the fields? Do people race the GFs?

Belgian Waffle Ride just added a couple of additional events this year including an Asheville race with 12k feet of climbing!

1 Like

Oh my. Asheville!

1 Like

Hincapie Gran Fondos

Where are you located in the US? I know of a lot more rides in the NC/SC area.

2 Likes

LOTOJA = Logan, UT to Jackson Hole, WY. It’s touted as the longest single-day sanctioned road race in the US: 202 miles and ~9000 ft.

+1 for this. My first ever stage race last year and was tough/fast, but an absoute blast too!

I was going to mention Hincapie. I’m finally local to one now so it will be my first this year but have always heard good things about them.

Also look at the Farm to Fork Fondos. I’ve done a couple, Tyler puts on a good event.

1 Like

Delta Epic. 293 mi of gravel in Mississippi in October. Pancake flat. Til it’s not.

1 Like

I can highly recommend this one. Have done it since it’s inception. Great area as well.

1 Like

Tour of the Gila in NM. End of April into May. Four or five day stage race with plenty of climbing.