Reynolds AR41/58 disc wheels

Anyone using the Reynolds AR41 or AR58 disc wheelset set up tubeless? Considering purchasing and would appreciate any feedback.

While I’ve not used these specific models, I do have a set of the ATR 700 wheels which are nearly identical to the AR41’s expect the internal width is 4mm wider. I run them on my Santa Cruz Stigmata and they are awesome. They have been trouble free and bombproof as gravel/all road wheels. They are also pretty lightweight! The hubs are great and have so far held up to a year of tough abuse and rides in adverse conditions. With the 30-day guarantee and the lifetime warranty, you really can’t go wrong with these wheels.

1 Like

Did you get those AR41 or AR58 in the end? Did you set them up tubeless? How did it go?

AR41 DB are my top contender as well, but I’m unable to find any user experience regarding ease of setting up tubeless online and Reynolds support is kinda mysterious on the topic. I would like to set them up with Conti GP5000TL 28c, but I don’t want to learn new curse words after purchase of 1.200 EUR wheelset.

I have the AR41 non-disc brake wheels, I’m currently not running them tubeless.

However, I have a ton of tubeless experience and I’m thinking the setup would work really well tubeless.

The reason I say this, getting tires onto the AR41 wheels is a nightmare. The bead is extremely tight with Michelin Power Comps and Conti GP5000s. I have little doubt that they would seal up with no issues.

It is nice too that Reynolds includes the tubeless strips and valves with purchase. If I ever switch over, all I’ll have to do is pull out the tubes and dump in some sealant (and buy proper tires of course).

Thanks, mate. How do you like the wheelset so far?

I love my wheels! However, I don’t have much of a frame of reference on carbon hoops, so I can’t offer much of a comparison. They’re certainly a lot stiffer for sprinting and what not than my aluminum wheels I had prior.

Great… I’m glad you’re enjoying them. How they handle crosswinds?

Knowing what you know about how tough the tires are to get on would you still buy the wheels set? I was looking at the disc version. My only concern is quick wheel fixes out on the road. I have had plenty of friends that have had issues with their tubeless tires requiring them to put tubes in to make it back home.

I would buy them again.

I’ve fixed two flats out on the road so far. It’s not so terrible that fixing them on the road is impossible. Especially if you leave one side of the tire on the bead, it’s pretty straightforward to do.

Both times I got flats, I was able to get a tube in pretty quickly, but I wasn’t able to get the tire to seat perfectly. I had to wait until I got home to really get it up on the bead. This isn’t a huge deal to me though.

If I was running tubeless, I’d probably be in even better shape. I seem to flat once every 1,000 miles with tubes, but with over 10,000 miles on my tubeless bikes I’ve never had a flat.