Pettit, set for Inside, with Power:
Pettit, set for Outside, with RPE:
Note: This defaults to 90 minutes, following TR’s typical 50% adder for Endurance workouts moved outside. Not needing to get into the good/bad of this, but just recognize the setting they use.
Most important: Both workouts above show a planned 39 TSS
Look at the TR RPE info, that should presumably apply to their RPE based Outside workouts:
Alternatively, look at a separate “Other Activity”, that is based on the following “Intensity Estimate” scale:
90 min and 6 Intensity… assuming parity between both scales… which I think is a problem:
- Estimated TSS of 91 which is roughly triple what is intended.
60 min and 6 Intensity… assuming parity between both scales… which I think is a problem:
- Estimated TSS of 64 which is roughly double what is intended.
90 min and 2 (Easy) Intensity, which I think makes way more sense.
- Estimated TSS of 51 which is a bit high, but closer to what is intended.
60 min and 2 (Easy) Intensity, which I think makes way more sense.
- Estimated TSS of 36 which is basically what is intended.
Essentially, I think there is a disconnect between their RPE info in the website, and the actual application when looking at the “Intensity Estimate” used for other activities. I have no idea if this pushes well beyond Pettit, but wonder how this all blends?
- In my ideal world, the RPE and Intensity would be parallel for consistency and simplicity.
I am tempted to move this into a TrainerRoad Software category, as a Feature Request, but want @IvyAudrain to take a look before I do that.