Redshift "suspension" stem for gravel racing?

I do a bit of gravel racing, including some pretty chunky and long events. I’m thinking about trying a redshift suspension stem to help with hand/body fatigue. I’m a somewhat competitive age group guy, but not riding up front with the pros or anything. I use aero bars for some events and one of my concerns would be bouncing with the extension acting as a lever. Is anyone using one of these stems for gravel racing and could provide likes/dislikes? I did a quick web search and most of the reviews I found were positive, but they were mostly “industry” reviews that I don’t tend to trust. Any real world feedback is appreciated.

Haven’t used it myself, several buddies have…all positive reports. Note that your hands will tilt downwards slightly as the suspension goes through its travel…might feel odd in aerobars, dunno.

But they are 25% off on the website for another 24 hours, I think…

1 Like

I have used one for many, many years (since they debuted) and would not ride or race without it. I’ve used it with aero bars as well and no problems. It just plain works once you dial in the right rubber springs for your weight and preference. We sell a ton of them at our shop too.

4 Likes
  • 100% agree.

Thanks for the responses, just placed order for one.

2 Likes

Chad loves his suspension stem like I love my suspension seatpost. :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

I used it for a year before I got my lauf bike. I thought it was great. It never felt bouncy. I now have their seatpost which works great.

1 Like

Has anyone used a Redshift and compared it to the Futureshock?

I’m interested in the Redshift but I’ve never used it. I’ve ridden the Futureshock and it just felt… Off. Curious if I’d get the same (or worse since it rotates the bars a bit) feeling as the Futureshock.

1 Like

I used the Cane Creek eeSilk stem for Big Sugar and it was awesome. I wish I’d started using a suspension stem for gravel events earlier. Big confidence increase descending, and overall much smoother on the flats.

1 Like

Have both and love both! What was off about the Futureshock? Did you have a chance to use the 2.0 version where you can adjust it?

The Shockstop stem is awesome. I have it set up with pretty firm elastomers…it takes the edge off rough stuff without feeling bouncy

1 Like