Recovery suggestions after big event?

Most of my training is by feel, with something like TR providing suggestions more than anything (recently). Before TR it was feel only, and worked really well for me.

After a hard event, I will often just take a day or two off of doing as little as possible. Like as if I had the flu or something and was just laying in bed getting rest. I bike commute normally and if I did work, I would possible drive. Once I started riding to work again, I would ride basically Z0, super soft pedaling, but no Z2. As my legs started feeling better, I would eventually start commuting in Z2. If they felt good I would do a test and try a sprint effort. If I felt good, I was ready to return to hard efforts. If I didnā€™t feel good, I would continue to ride slow until I did.

Basically, I donā€™t care what the training plan says. If I donā€™t feel good, I donā€™t do work.

If I am traveling and I canā€™t ride my bike, I run. I think all cyclists should run.

1 Like

Alas, thanks to a shattered hip socket a few years back thatā€™s not an option to me.

Though I say alasā€¦ I always hated running with a passion. :laughing:

1 Like

How did the recovery and A event go?

I got COVID (2nd time)ā€¦ so not particularly well. Slowly getting over it now though.