Pretty awesome KOM video

Those videos are so sketchy. One may have the right away but bombing down the road in a residential area means a car could pull out in front of you at any moment.

In that second video, the guy passing cars on the left with a double yellow and a rubble strip is just insane.

Looks like this guy also took the Haleakala KOM yesterday. 4 min over Mike Woods isn’t nothing.

6 Likes

Nearly 5w/kg for 2 hours and 24 minutes

Ouch

1 Like

And he confirms my theory that if you wanna be good cyclist you have to start with rowing :wink:

Is Mike Woods a pro cyclist?

1 Like

Not so pro, only some wins on stages during Grand Tours, second in Liege Baston Liege.

1 Like

And a sub 4 min mile, no bigs.

1 Like

Blimey - that is pretty incredible :sunglasses:

Piuma and Latigo are both nice. Yerba is also good, but my preference back when I lived there was Deer Creek off PCH and then left onto Yerba. Deer Creek is quieter and steeper.

The pavement on Deer Creek used to be a turnoff for me, but after they paved it recently it’s been fantastic.

1 Like

Speaking of KOM’s. “ Patios” in Bogota, is one of the most coveted KOM’s in the world. It got broken this week. Cookie Gaimon tried his hand at it a while ago as well.

Here’s a video of the effort.

1 Like

I used to spend nearly every weekend climbing one or more of those hill… but the last time was 2003 so some things may have changed…

Somebody will flag it :wink:

Thats absolutely insane and world class. Where did you find out his FTP?

It’s on his Strava, if that’s anything to go by, but I suspect it could be even higher after seeing the video.

Yeah guys a beast