Preparing for ego deflation (power)

So it turns out you are as big of a stud as you thought you were!

1 Like

Of course your results will totally depend on your trainer but my FTP went up almost 20% the day I got a power meter!

That actually did not make any difference but what did is it turned out my trainer’s performance was not consistent across the total range of power so not only was my power curve off, it was off at different amounts at different powers. So, doing workouts of a real PM ended up being a total game changer. But I think that is a pretty rare occurrence.

Same for me! Tacx vortex: Low efforts underestimated, high efforts overestimated as compared to my Stages left-only meter. Poor me, now I will finally be able to feel what torture TRUE over/unders and VO2max work is. Not looking forward to that :sweat_smile:

Lol! I’m not sure about all that, but at least I’m not as big a wimp as I thought I might be. :wink:

I just got my first PM installed yesterday, a Stages L. I’m going to go for a long ride outside this weekend with it and then ramp test Monday. I’m excited for the results, what ever they may be.

1 Like

That’s great news mate. Informative as well, the 4iiii is my PM of choice when I eventually make that leap

I did a ramp test this morning with my Stages PM and my FTP was 5 watts higher than the ramp test I did 2 weeks ago with virtual power. Considering I am still a newbie to cycling those 5 watts could very well be newbie gains. So it seems TR has the power curve for Cyclops Fluid 2 dialed in as well.

2 Likes

The numbers might be diffrerent, but the effort the same. I had an FTP of 485 “watts” on virtual power. That was at the time 5.9 “W”/kg!!!

Same here. I went to a Kickr direct drive and dropped about 30 watts so 250-220w. It is all just numbers though and the KK was just as consistent number wise as the kickr is.

1 Like

You had “virtual pro-power”! You were virtually a beast!

272 on KK to 245 with Vector 2 pedals for me.