Power Match and ERG mode?

I hate to reopen this long old topic but I just got a Kickr Core and did experience what
mikedav13s experienced. In ERG mode If I lightened the force/torque/cadence, the trainer did not respond quickly to increase resistance. It did respond but several seconds later. So in the workouts I would have these small power dropouts that would be restored maybe 3-7 seconds later. It feels like when you are riding outside on route with rolling hills. When you crest the power drops off. I knew that there was a problem because I saw my friends Trainer Road rides and the power matched exactly with the workout power. The problem resolved itself when I connect the Wahoo App to the trainer and switched power smoothing on and then disconnected Wahoo App and everything and then reconnected the trainer to Trainer Road. I still have no clear explanation for this. I read in the Trraaiineerr Road FAQ that Trainer Road reads power and sets resistance to force the rider to maintain the power. So I am guessing that too noisy of power makes it impossible for Trainer Road to calculate the delta resistance needed. So smoothing enables Trainer Road to properly adjust resistance to maintain power. However the response I got from support is Trainer Road does not set resistance. Rather it sends out power level signal and expects the trainer to control for this power. That blows my theory, but what confuses me is that the Trainer Road website says TR controls by changing the resistance, but the support person says TR controls power by setting the power level. A clear contradiction.