Post workout survey

Same here, if I’m in between two choices depending the circumstances I go with the the harder/ higher rating. It’s worked well for me, at first if I was between hard and moderate I chose moderate. I then found the following adapted workouts to be more on the hard to super hard end. @mcneese.chad rating spreadsheet is also my goto if I’m in between ratings.

2 Likes

Lately I’ve started thinking of it as how much adaptation do I think I could handle. So like if the workout was work but also it was NBD and I think I could handle a substantial jump in level, that’s moderate. If it was hard but appropriate (for a workout that’s supposed to be hard, anyway, over/unders or VO2 or whatever) and I’m like “thank you sir may I have another,” that’s hard, and if I’m like “omg please please PLEASE don’t adapt me,” that’s very hard!

2 Likes

I’m always disappointed after a Ramp Test that I don’t get to rate it! I figure that’s my #5 All Out benchmark, and I’m dying to apply it to something! I figure if it doesn’t feel like I feel at the end of the Ramp Test, it’s probably a 4!

Yeah, I would hope that a proper ramp test is a 5. Anything less probably is one of those times that someone instantly knows they gave up vs actually popping. If so, I tend to suggest a manual bump if they really know that, or just go with the flow for now and let AT do the rest… or at worst do a retest. But who wants to do that :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I’m not sure how to rank workouts where I exceed the target. I am often doing at least 10 watts over the target. Should I rate it on how it went, or on how it would have been had I stuck to the target watts? Along these lines, I remember something about a “super pass.” Is that part of the released version, what does it take to get a “super pass,” and how do you know if you got one?

Checkout the discussion from today, on the same idea (over performing compared to targets).

Thanks, Chad. That thread answered my question.

1 Like