Poor sleep/anxiety

Lot’s of good tips in here already. There is some good stuff in this thread as well:

I’ll add something that sometimes helps me is to write stuff down. If I’m just ruminating on a plan, or what I’m going to say to someone, etc., I can just write it down and then I don’t have to keep thinking about it. I also will say to myself “I don’t need to worry about this right now.” Hard workouts early in the day help me fall asleep because I just conk out, but can often wake up at 3 a.m. with the brain spinning. Find a good podcast that helps you relax. I’ve found that the sleep podcasts are not helpful to me because I just ignore them and think about whatever I want. What is better is something with a single person talking for hours (I have one episode of Hardcore History that I’ve never finished but started about a dozen times battling insomnia). I try to avoid taking any medication to help, but I learned that if I do take something, take it early because there is nothing worse than having to get up in the morning with another four hours of sleeping pill working its way through the liver.

1 Like