Pigeon toed form sprints

…what the hell is going on there?

Always a drama for me with form sprints. This time I tried them standing. Don’t usually. As soon as I hit max revs standing I was totally pigeon toed. What’s that all about?

Couldn’t this just be a specific of your personal anatomy? I’ve ridden with riders who pedal notably pigeon-toed, where as I tend to pedal heel-in (and scuff my chain stay, even with small feet). If it’s not a problem, probably nothing worth worrying about.

First, is this the “same” for you inside and outside?

Essentially, identify what if any factors are the same or different between this type of effort inside and outside. Review any and all differences specifically. Consider inertia, gearing, typical cadence range and your max, and others.

As the leading rocker plate proponent around, I feel that a rigid trainer is uber-wrong. A rocker plate is not perfect, but it’s less wrong-er enough to be more right :stuck_out_tongue:

Some motion at the bike inside is better than the super odd upper body and hip wiggle we adopt while ripping on a fixed bike. It’s goofy to watch to say the least, and has no bearing on how we actually ride outside.