Ötztaler Radmarathon & Plan Builder

“Platin” riders tend to start at the front of the easy rollout and go out hard. You’ll see the “Platin” option at the aid station in The Valley after Nufenpass. If you don’t make it in time, or simply do t want to do it, you make the left to go up a different climb toward Gotthardpass and the Gold route.

I was just pointing out that the minimum speed to make the cutoff might not be in mph but km/h :wink:Checked the timetable, the front of the pack at check point is slightly above 25 km/h, cutoff is around 19 km/h. It is still impressive, I managed an average speed of 23 km/h for only half of the route and wouldn’t want to do twice that much!

1 Like

You are right. Thank you for the correction. I misread the table. If you depart at the earliest time, 6:45a, you have until 14:15 to pass the checkpoint at Airolo (below Nufenenpass) 135km / 84mi from the start, halfway to the end. 7.5hrs to get to the cut-off at 135km and 6.75hrs max to cover the 128km to the finish, with most of the climbing is in the front-half.

1 Like

I wish Reno was closer to Cedar Springs UT. I’ll have to find a way to get out there so we can pod!!
Have a great weekend

1 Like

Maybe nationals!