I just completed my first 5-weeks on TR. Its been a great experience so far. For what it’s worth, here are my observations. I’m doing the Base Phase Mid Vol I (headed into the recovery week) then on to Vol II. After that, not sure yet.
- The workouts were easier than expected. Does it matter that I did my FTP on an old bike and am now training on a good road bike?
- The off-bike fatigue was more than expected. I’ve been more tired in-between rides.
- Spinning at a higher RPM as a priority surprised me. I can’t explain why, but I’ve been riding for 3 years with an emphasis on higher gears, thinking it would make me stronger. Sure, I usually go low-gear when sprinting uphill most of my time is in the big chain ring.
- I enjoy spinning at higher RPM.
- Its more fun staring at the numbers on the TR interface than expected.
- It is very difficult for me to modulate my power when small incremental changes are required. I spike more than desired. Improving.
- I need more sleep!