NEWS: The Sufferfest Has Just Become "WAHOO SYSTM"

By an absolute coincidence, I just found out that The Sufferfest was quietly renamed Wahoo SYSTM.

Official Wahoo Video

Here is what is new:

• App for Android
  • New sport - swimming

What are your thoughts, guys?

I summarized everything here.

Here is the official SYSTM website.

6 Likes

well it’s consistent with their hatred of vowels lol

36 Likes

Downright intolerance for vowels or grammar.

14 Likes

Seems like right now there is NO Sufferfest or app online at all? Its just the Wahoo shop…

I loved the original Suff vibe - bit edgy, fun, modern and the whole subculture that grew up, the language etc etc was really fun and somehow fitted well with the whole indoor training ethos. I still have the Sufferfest bleeding eyes logo staring at me from my stem and huge fan on every indoor session!

The corporate vanilla thing just kills all that and makes it exactly that - the cold grey suit corporate system. I like Wahoo kit and own pedals, computer etc but I think the loss of the Sufferfest brand is a huge loss overall :frowning:

14 Likes

You can download the app for macOS or Windows directly from their SYSTM website or iOS/Android from App Store (Google Store).

I guess Wahoo tries to build its ecosystem - just like other successful companies. This step makes sense to me in the long run. But I fully understand your disappointment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was going to say…they even took an E from @Petr_Minarik. !!

:sweat_smile::star_struck::slightly_smiling_face:

16 Likes

Oh, totally get it from a corporate standpoint. Makes perfect sense and is the sort of thing I’ve been doing professionally for almost 30 years in sales and marketing.

I just want to mourn the loss of a bit of my cycling heritage…:wink:

2 Likes

i seen it exactly to the same time, i looked arround a bit, seems now they have the software for all plattforms like Android and so, also a special version for Apple with M1 chip.
Looks like a base for new things coming later like a Wahoo ROLLR!

2 Likes

Haha :smiley: yea, I am from the Czech Republic. We have “Petr” instead of English “Peter.” Nice catch, though!

9 Likes

Wahoo’s war against vowels continues with the announcement of its new structured training app SYSTM.

Here’s the intro link: Wahoo SYSTM Training App - YouTube

Here is a view of the app directly: Wahoo SYSTM Training App Tour - YouTube

Curious to discuss this. Looks like it is integrated with GCN as well.

2 Likes

Doesn’t look like they are completely ditching the sufferfest brand… looks like its part of the “SYSTM”

1 Like
9 Likes

I though you were a WAHOO employee…
We all know that people who work there are require to remove one or more vowels from their name…

:laughing:

6 Likes

Love the “Who’s on first” commentary on the name :rofl:

2 Likes

Good gravy, that is the worst product name I have ever heard.

1 Like

GCN did a video on it.

I assume GCN had some exclusive partnership with Sufferfest/Wahoo so I guess that is the reason we never see any GCN videos about TR?

5 Likes

GCN is advertisement driven. If its featured…its very likely the company paid GCN to mention it.

13 Likes

Indeed, as seen in the top left side of the video at the intro:

To that end, here is one that featured TR (paid as well from the looks of it).

3 Likes

That man’s head is a different color than his body and its kinda freaking me out.

12 Likes

Yeah, always good to point those out. I just recall that GCN has had a lot more Sufferfest content as of late and not much of TR. Not to mention there is GCN content on the new SYSTM app so I wonder if there is some exclusive deal beyond a ‘paid promotion’.

1 Like