New Wahoo Device?

So bummed you beat me to it.

2 Likes

ITS THE BIGGEST CYCLING INNOVATION IN 30 YEARS AND 1 MONTH.

(boom! take that Trek!). ha ha ha ha

12 Likes

It’s a system.

HUD glasses that give you your speed and your power while screaming explitives at you through bone condution.

But you need to buy their (new) power meters and their speed/cadence sensors in order for them to work.

3 Likes

Maybe it’s a new trainer that can simulate real world conditions. We’ve already got trainers that can simulate cobbles, this new one will give you flats and spray you with sealant.

(this sounds like a Feed Zone News or Cat 3 Meme post lol)

5 Likes

Definitely the Pukr…

13 Likes

And the stink of the “never clean my kits” dude in front of you…

1 Like

Looks like a watch (RIVAL) and a GPS unit (ROAM).

2000mAH battery in the ROAM FCC test spec, up from 1750mAh in the ELEMNT.

So a little more juice for longer rides. Maybe 20 hrs over the 17 hrs ELEMNT claims.

4 Likes

And I’m guessing DCrainmaker will drop his review on 11 April. I bet that’s what he was doing in Majorca recently.

2 Likes

They’re likely announcing at Sea Otter so I’d be really surprised if it were a watch. New GPS head unit makes a lot more sense.

1 Like

It seems they may be doing both (watch and head unit), based on some of the speculation shared above.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BurVK62lvOq/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

That’s going to clash with my bar tape :frowning:

1 Like

That appears to just be an Elemnt with a faceplace on it

5 Likes

if you had removed the vowel and called it the wahoo skrb it may have been believable

3 Likes

They played games with me. They said they were going to support varia. Then Not, Then Soon. Then never. I just picked up a 1030 and after my kickr core fiasco I am done with wahoo!

Its a wahoo Kickr 19 and a Wahoo kickr core 19. The upgrade is that it comes with a return shipping label in the box for returning it for repair after 5 hours of use!

1 Like

Doh! I have been hoodwinked :frowning:

1 Like

I’d love a Bolt or ELMNT update. Screens look dated on both, even when they first came out. Bolt could keep the same form and weight but reduce bezels and pixel density and contrast. Maybe even add colour like Garmin has.

Going from an Edge 520 to the Elemnt Bolt, I never once missed the colour display. I agree that it would be nice to have increased pixel density and a reduced bezel.

3 Likes

The early Elemnt purchasers really hated the firmware. It took a year of updates until it was usable, but a lot of people had given up by then. This meant that the Bolt came out and it actually worked pretty well except for some edge cases that they still haven’t fixed. The difference between Wahoo and Garmin is that Wahoo seems to keep plugging away at problems until they have a usable product. My Edge 800 only navigates about 1/4 of the time. Fortunately I can follow the map. A friend’s 810 has most of the navigation problems fixed, but it still doesn’t always navigate and it turns itself off when you plug it into external power.

I have heard that the 1030 is pretty good. I’m tempted, even though I really don’t want to buy any more Garmin products.

2 Likes

Early on, they were fast to push out fixes and updates, also quite responsive to customer questions and interaction. From my perspective, some of that seems to have been lost, but I have very few problems with my Elemnt I bought very early.

1 Like

Despite my dislike of Garmin, hats off to them, Varia for me has been a must-have feature, and it got me to switch BACK to Garmin. The Bolt may do everything it can do better than the Garmin, but I can’t imagine going back to riding without Varia now. I’m still holding out for the small chance that this new device/update/whatever will have support.

3 Likes